New Nino Salvaggio store opens this month in Bloomfield Township
Nino Salvaggio’s iconic red strawberry has landed in Bloomfield Township.
The International Marketplace’s newest location will open Dec. 28 with a full-service cafe, expansive prepared food options, catering services, a bakery, butcher shop, popcorn stand and, of course, fresh produce.
Even with all these amenities — plus loads of kosher, gluten-free and locally made products — the 42,000-square-foot store at 6592 Telegraph in a shopping plaza just south of Maple is aiming to be a classic neighborhood grocery.
“We focus on full-service, customer interaction,” said Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace President Kirk Taylor. “It’s hard to hire people, so we make it hard on ourselves, but to me an important part of our business is that personal relationship.”
The store, designed by Ron & Roman architects, will create 200 jobs, and use no self-service checkout lanes.
“I don’t want to do that, I want (the customer) to have the experience, when they leave the store, with a person,” he said.
There are some automated features, though, to keep things moving faster. Deli orders can be place by computer at the front of the store and then picked up later in the meat department. This eases congestion at the full-service counter.
Nino’s seems to be about making things easier. They’ll cater your party and have the food ready for pick up or delivery. There are entrances near the front and back parking lots; and garage doors will roll up in the warmer months from the front near the produce section.
As the demand for prepared foods grows, Nino’s is stepping up. They have a cafe with pizza, deli sandwiches, soups, salads and breakfast. Other prepared food ranges from sushi to pot pies. Like many modern grocery stores, Nino’s will have hot, slow-roasted chickens to-go ($6.99 for original, $12.99 for organic and $10.99 for turkey).
Besides making things easier for customers, Taylor stresses freshness. The sushi counter’s offerings will be made fresh each day and whatever is left is tossed at the end of the night. Same with fresh bread.
Obviously there’s a focus on international foods, but they’ll also stock hundreds of local products. They’ll sell pantry basics like ketchup and chicken stock, too, but they don’t bother with beauty supplies or paper products.
This is the fourth location for the 39-year-old local brand, which was founded by the late Nino Salvaggio. Today the business continues with his children, Leo Salvaggio and Andrea Nicolella, along with Frank Nicolella and company president Taylor.
The St. Clair Shores store is the oldest, having opened in 1979, an earlier version of a Nino’s produce market stood in Roseville before that.
Like the other three stores, this new Bloomfield Township locale will offer Fresh2Go online ordering, curbside pick-up and delivery service. Customers can choose from more than 14,000 items on their computer or mobile device, and then pick up the groceries or have them delivered. Order two hours ahead or six days in advance.
Posted By: The Detroit News on December 5, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.