Old Fort manufacturer plans expansion, 60 new jobs to be created
A major manufacturer of household packaged goods plans to invest $38 million to expand its plant in Old Fort in Seneca County, the Regional Growth Partnership said Tuesday.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. of Ewing, N.J., said it will expand its production and warehouse space to make room for new product lines, creating 60 jobs in the process. The Old Fort plant, which opened in 1980, currently employs about 240 people.
The company said it expects the expansion to be completed by year’s end. Officials said at least two other Church & Dwight plants were in contention for the product lines, which include cat litter and laundry detergent. The company produces goods under several major brand names, including Arm & Hammer, Oxi Clean, Xtra, Orajel, Trojan, and First Response.
“Our Northwest Ohio plant has always been one of our most productive facilities, and we attribute that to an incredible, dedicated workforce,” David Johnston, plant manager at the Old Fort plant, said in a statement.
“There are several drivers behind sourcing decisions at Church & Dwight,” Mr. Johnston said.
The company recognized the local plant’s work ethic, commitment, and low turnover as key factors in its decision, he added.
Church & Dwight will receive an enterprise zone property tax exemption on new construction in Old Fort. OhioMeansJobs-Seneca County will offer up to $380,000 for workforce development grants with the approval of the Old Fort Local School District, Pleasant Township Trustees, and Seneca County Board of Commissioners.
JobsOhio has offered to provide an estimated $530,000 in state incentives through an economic development grant, a JobsOhio workforce grant, and an Ohio Job Creation Tax Credit.
The Ohio Rail Development Commission has committed to provide $75,000 in grant funds to revamp rail infrastructure for additional unloading areas.
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on February 11, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.