Oregon receives grant for infrastructure around industrial parks
The U.S. Department of Commerce said Wednesday that the city of Oregon has been awarded a $2.7 million Economic Development Administration grant to be used for infrastructure in and around the city’s industrial parks that should help attract new businesses.
The grant, to be matched with $679,179 in local funds, is expected to help generate $905 million in private investment, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in the announcement.
“This project will make the critical roadway and sewer infrastructure improvements that the city needs to bring in new businesses to the Cedar Point Industrial Park,” U.S. Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development John Fleming said. “The enhancements to the industrial park, which includes a foreign trade zone, are expected to attract a major clean energy company that will build on the region’s emerging energy cluster.”
Oregon Administrator Mike Beazley said the grant will go for roadway and water and sewer infrastructure at the 42-acre Cedar Point park and the nearby Wynnscape Industrial Park.
“With connectivity, it opens things up. And there’s some opportunity for rail access,” Mr. Beazley said.
“It does kind of help as we lay the approvals for the next generation of the Oregon Clean Energy Center,” the administrator added. “This roadway will serve that area, but also it will serve other businesses in the Cedar Point Industrial Park.”
Mr. Beazley said Oregon was very grateful to the Commerce Department “for their confidence in Oregon.”
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on October 23, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.