Rochester Hills ranked as eighth best city to start small business
The city of Rochester Hills has been recognized as the eighth best small city in America in which to start a small business by Verizon Business.
The evaluation was based on six ranking factors including the education level of the local workforce, in-city commute times, income per capita, broadband access, availability of SBA loans and overall tax friendliness for small businesses.
“Anytime you are recognized as being one of the best in the nation there is great pride. We have a fantastic team here in Rochester Hills led by our manager Pam Valentik and we are grateful for all of the small businesses who choose to do business in the city,” said Mayor Bryan Barnett.
In addition to being the robotics capital of North America, the city is home to small businesses including retail, computer technology, electronic research, development, manufacturing, plastic injection molding, tool and die, structural engineering and warehousing and distribution.
Last year, the city welcomed seven new, high tech companies and helped others expand their operations. This resulted in new and retained jobs and over $11 million in new investment.
Posted By: The Oakland Press on September 11, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.