Royal Oak pizza restaurant Pasquale’s for sale
Pasquale’s, a Royal Oak pasta and pizza restaurant in business since 1954, is available for sale or lease as the owners look to retire.
The family is hopeful that the property on 31555 Woodward Ave., between 13 Mile and Normandy, could continue as Pasquale’s under new leadership, but the options are open.
“It’s a little bit of a tearjerker,” said Michael DelGiudice, 58, who started working for the family business at age 5. “At this point, I’m ready to be on the beach a little bit more, that’s the way I’m looking at it.”
His father, Pasquale DelGiudice, started the business, and the son owns it with his brothers, who are both in their 60s. Michael DelGiudice said a tight labor market has made it difficult to keep employees, and he’s concerned that news of their plans for the business will cause staff to leave.
But if it closes, that will be “months away,” he said. “I will stay open in some function, even if I have to reduce my seating.”
The plans for the property were first reported Thursday by Crain’s Detroit Business, which said the property is being marketed by real estate firm RBC1 LLC.
DelGiudice said the restaurant, including two floors, is nearly 15,000 square feet, and the property is a little over an acre. Until 1971, the business was across the street in a building now occupied by Red Coat Tavern. That location is where he started working as a 5-year-old, “standing on a milk crate washing dishes,” he said.
He worked several jobs there over the years, including more than 40 in management.
“It’s a very tough business,” he said. “Before you know it, 10 years goes by, I’m going to be pushing 70. (I have an) active life, I want to take advantage of it.”
Then-Free Press columnist Bob Talbert wrote in a Sept. 27, 1984, piece that the family’s original recipe pizza baked in a “well-seasoned brick oven” was “a contender in any pizza contest anywhere.”
“While the pizza with the great crust is the mainstay and drawing card, let me recommend the done-just-right eggplant parmigiana and Potato Flora, a spiced-up deep-fried mashed potato item that’s one of the finest side orders you’ll find in this town,” Talbert wrote.
Posted By: Detroit Free Press on October 10, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.