SIGNATURE ASSOCIATES WINS 3 CRAIN’S BEST IN CLASS REAL ESTATE AWARDS
Crain’s Detroit Business Special Report: Last year was a year for dealmaking — and dealmakers. In this, our inaugural Best in Class: Real Estate awards, we aim to honor both.
We solicited nominations from you, our readers, for the most impactful deals, projects and people in commercial real estate in 2017. With help from a panel of expert judges, Crain’s selected a winner in each of eight categories intended to represent the best in local commercial real estate.
Signature Associates is honored to have been selected for the most impactful deals of 2017 in 3 real estate categories:
Industrial Sale of the Year: Michigan Motion Picture Studios building and land, Pontiac
Williams International Co. LLC | Brokerage: Signature Associates
Commerce Township-based defense contractor Williams International Co. LLC is leaving its headquarters for Pontiac, a move that is expected to create 400 jobs by 2022. It’s a big win for the city, which for years teetered on insolvency and has been picking up some key economic development victories in the last couple years. The company paid $44 million for the Michigan Motion Picture Studios building at 1999 Centerpoint Parkway and two adjacent vacant parcels spanning 120 acres and a nearby building, at 2001 Centerpoint Parkway, for its expansion project. Linden Nelson, John Rakolta Jr. and Robert Taubman were the sellers.
Industrial Leases of the Year: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle
Three distribution centers: Shelby Township, Livonia & Romulus | Brokerage: Signature Associates
Online retail giant Amazon.com Inc. has three distribution centers in the works totaling about 3 million square feet in Wayne and Macomb counties, with much of the space being leased in the last year or so. They are located in Shelby Township at a former Visteon Corp. auto parts plant; at 13000 Eckles Road in Livonia on former General Motors property; and in Romulus on 84 acres north of Detroit Metropolitan Airport, bounded roughly by Smith, Vining and Ecorse roads. The company is slated to employ no fewer than 3,500 in Michigan.
Office Lease of the Year: Autoliv ASP, Inc., Southfield
Landlord: Jonna Realty Ventures, Inc., Bloomfield Hills | Brokerage: Signature Associates
This 179,300-square-foot lease at 26545 American Drive in Southfield represented a $22.6 million investment by Autoliv ASP Inc. to consolidate four Southeast Michigan operations into one location. The company, the North American subsidiary of Sweden-based auto supplier Autoliv Inc., was expected to create nearly 400 new engineering jobs as part of the build-to-suit project, which brought a new building to the Southfield market as well. The company had two leased properties in Farmington Hills and two leased properties in Southfield.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on June 22, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the entire source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.