Spectrum Health consolidating 26 leases into new facility
Spectrum Health is planning to discontinue 26 leases and consolidate multiple departments into a new facility.
The Grand-Rapids-based health system plans to build a Center for Transformation and Innovation on the property it owns in Grand Rapids southwest of the Cornerstone University campus, at Leffingwell Avenue NE and Bradford Street NE, according to a statement today to the Business Journal from Tina Freese Decker, president and CEO, Spectrum Health.
Spectrum operates a hospital lab on a portion of the site, at 2900 Bradford St. NE.
Occupancy is expected to begin in 2022.
By not renewing 26 leases, Freese Decker said Spectrum will reduce operating costs and begin saving money after eight years.
Spectrum conducted an analysis of potential locations and found the site is the “best and most economically advantageous option for this purpose by more than $20 million.”
Spectrum is still in the planning process and working out many of the details.
The center will be a “contemporary” learning center that will help promote innovation, transformation, advancements and new developments within the system.
It will house several offices, including for human resources, finance, facilities management, the medical group and other back-office functions, to “achieve efficiencies of scale through optimization of meeting rooms and learning opportunities.”
Some of these offices will be moving from spaces along Medical Mile, which then can be used for clinical services.
“Beyond the strong bottom-line rationale for this project, the Center for Transformation and Innovation will be key to helping us realize our vision to provide personalized health that is simple, affordable and exceptional,” Freese Decker said.
“Within its walls, we will find dynamic new solutions, so the people we serve can enjoy the best in health care, at reasonable cost, tailored to their individual needs. This building will help take Spectrum Health to the future.”
Posted By: Grand Rapids Business Journal on June 10, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.