Superior Electric Great Lakes Co. Opens Renovated Troy Headquarters
Troy employee-owned electrical contractor Superior Electric Great Lakes Co. last week officially opened its newly renovated, 50,000-square-foot headquarters at 1740 E. Maple Rd.
More than 150 guests and employees took part in a ribbon-cutting ceremony for what the company calls one of the most advanced engineering departments of any electrical contractor in the Midwest.
“This new headquarters allows Superior Electric four major advantages: the room to grow; development of new installation techniques and procedures; training and support for IBEW electricians; and a spacious and productive environment for our employee-owners,” says Jeffrey Jamerino, president of SEGLC.
“We have established a virtual reality room in this facility that allows our engineers to detect design conflicts before work begins at a customer site,” he continued. “Being under one roof allows greater collaboration among our engineering, estimating, and project management teams. These efficiencies lead to greater quality at a lower cost.”
He also noted that the building’s prefabrication area is an important component of LEAN construction since it takes work off the jobsite and brings it into a controlled environment.
“This offers better workmanship, timeliness and improved safety – at a lower cost than if it was done at the customer’s site,” Jamerino says. “The prefabrication area is also a training site for IBEW Local #58 apprentices – creating a win-win for everyone.”
SEGLC, which was founded in 1991, became employee owned in 2015 and currently has 50 employee owners, moved to its new headquarters in November 2018 and renovated it over the past six months. Its previous buildings on Executive Drive in Troy have been sold to new owners.
Guests at the ribbon-cutting ceremony included Troy Mayor Pro Team Ethan Baker, State Rep. Padma Kuppa, and State Sen. Mallory McMorrow.
Posted By: dbusiness on June 27, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.