Developers pledge to keep Eastern Market’s identity even as prices rise
Here’s the dilemma facing Detroit’s Eastern Market. With real estate values and rents rising rapidly in and around Eastern Market, long-time retailers find they can cash out and retire. And owners new and old have more money available now to upgrade their century-old buildings. But that same rapid escalation of property values means long-time retail and […]
Farmers Restaurant closes following Eastern Market property sale
Farmers Restaurant Inc., a longtime Eastern Market staple, has closed following the sale of its building to landlord Sanford Nelson. Nelson told Crain’s on Wednesday morning that he finalized the purchase of four buildings in the city’s food district on Tuesday for an undisclosed price. He said he plans renovations of all four properties. He said he […]
Nelson father-son duo plans to maintain Eastern Market’s identity
Sanford Nelson has had a two-year crash course in Detroit commercial real estate, with the result being a 142,500-square-foot Eastern Market portfolio quietly acquired over the last 18 months. Son of millionaire serial entrepreneur Linden Nelson, the 29-year-old has his eyes set on a $20 million effort to buy and improve no fewer than 11 […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.