Transtar Autobody Technologies to break ground on $1 million training, color development center
The 6,000-square-foot center is set to be built to the north of the current property, said Chris Hoeh, vice president of operations. The project is part of an effort to better serve its customer base in North America, according to a news release.
The general contractor on the project is Wixom-based ACS Build Inc., and Farmington-based GAV & Associates is the architect.
The manufacturer’s intention is to work with training authorities within the automotive aftermarket industry and possibly open it up to the public, though nothing has been formalized, according to Keith Sena, Transtar’s director of marketing.
The project includes a color laboratory, which will speed the addition of new color formulas for the latest vehicle models to Transtar’s refinishing system, the release said.
With the expansion, the company anticipates an output of up to 1,000 color formulas per year.
Transtar products can be found in places such as FinishMaster, O’Reilly Auto Parts, and other aftermarket stores.
“The new Training and Color Development Center is going to enhance our capabilities to support our customers and channel partners,” Transtar’s president, Charlie Fuqua, said in a release. “We’ll be able to help fill a desperate need in the collision repair market for trained technicians. Additionally, having the color lab on site will speed our ability to get new, accurate formulas out into the market.”
The company employs about 150 in Michigan, and the expansion will add two to four jobs, according to Sena. The company declined to disclose revenue figures.
A groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for 3 p.m. June 18 at the manufacturer’s headquarters at 2040 Heiserman Drive in Brighton.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on June 11, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.