U.S. Signal Picks Van Buren Township for Second Detroit-area Data Center
Grand Rapids-based data center services provider U.S. Signal says it is building its second Detroit-area data center to meet customer growth and to support the region’s prospering business and technology communities.
The Van Buren facility, scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of next year, is the company’s fourth in Michigan. U.S. Signal already has two data centers in Grand Rapids and one in Southfield.
The new building will add up to 100,000 square feet of additional data center space in greater Detroit. The increasing use of cloud-first, hybrid, and off-premises data center strategies are driving the necessity for increased co-location space.
“As organizations develop hybrid cloud strategies in Michigan and across the United States, they often seek to alleviate the burden of owning and operating their own data center,” says Dave Wisz, executive vice president of operations at U.S. Signal.
“The new greater Detroit data center will increase U.S. Signal’s data center availability and enable organizations throughout the region to take advantage of both geographic diversity and lower latency because of the adjacency between their office and their co-located equipment and cloud hosting services.”
The new data center will be connected to U.S. Signal’s wholly owned and secure network and supports a statewide priority of retaining technology talent.
This additional Michigan data center, U.S. Signal says, will provide organizations with a local option for co-location, disaster recovery, and cloud hosting, which increases the available infrastructure that will assist in making southeast Michigan an attractive location for expansion.
Posted By: dbusiness on November 29, 2018. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.