Uptown demolition approved for mixed-use project
The Toledo Plan Commission on Thursday approved the proposed demolition of three dilapidated add-on buildings on Madison Avenue near the main Toledo Lucas County Public Library downtown to allow for a new retail and residential development.
During a public meeting at One Government Center, the commission members voted 5 to 0 to allow Crane Development Ltd. to raze the structures at the back of the buildings at 909-915 Madison. They also unanimously approved a developer’s plan to modify and — if necessary — to replace the windows on the buildings’ facades.
The add-on buildings to be razed “are not original to the historic structures, nor visible from the right-of-way,” according to the commission’s staff analysis.
Matthew Rubin, Crane Development president and chief executive officer, said the project will create several retail units on the ground floor of the buildings and 10 residential units upstairs, as well as a 13-spot parking lot.
No timetable was presented to the commission.
Posted By: Toledo Blade on March 12, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.