US Signal to open Van Buren Township data center in early March
US Signal, a Grand Rapids-based IT consulting firm and data center operator, plans to open its fourth Michigan data center in Van Buren Township in the first week of March, the company announced this week.
Announced in late 2018, the facility will open with 25,000 square feet of data center floor space and can expand up to 100,000 square feet, said Dave Wisz, executive vice president of operations at US Signal. The company expects that build-out to last between four and seven years, depending on client needs and demand.
The development is on 8.3 acres along Haggerty Road, just north of Tyler Road and west of I-275. The facility will have one dedicated employee and several of the company’s operations and facilities workers will also work at the new building.
“There is not a data center that will be on par with this facility in Southeastern Michigan,” Wisz told Crain’s. “Based on the redundancy, the resiliency, the integrity and the fact that it was built from the ground up with the full intention that it be built towards or above tier 3 data center standards.”
US Signal’s need for a second data center facility in metro Detroit was driven in part by tenant client demands seeking “a third-party data center as part of their … digital transformation journey,” said Amanda Regnerus, executive vice president of products and services at US Signal.
Additionally, Regnerus cited a recent report the company released that found location was a top priority for clients, with 91 percent of respondents seeking a data center provider that is close to their users.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on February 18, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.