Veoneer Opens New North American Technical Competence Center in Southfield
Veoneer, an advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous driving system supplier based in Sweden with a Southfield location, has opened its new North American Technical Competence Center in Southfield. The new complex will include office and automotive testing spaces and focus on autonomous driving and active safety systems.
“This new building offers an inspired home for this future-thinking group of electronic and software engineering experts focused on the advancement of advanced driver assistance systems and collaborative driving,” says Stuart Klapper, senior director of marketing for Veoneer.
Located at 26360 American Drive, the four-story, 180,000-square-foot building includes a café, fitness center, outdoor deck, and training spaces on the top floor, which offers views of the adjacent wetland. The first floor has research and testing labs.
HED, an architecture and engineering firm in Southfield, designed the building, and Bloomfield Hills’ Jonna Companies is the property owner and builder. Signature Associates served as tenant representative completing the build-to-suit lease and project management.
The building provides space for more than 900 employees. Each floor has centralized collaboration hubs and daylit working lounges.
Veoneer spun off of U.S./Swedish automotive safety supplier Autoliv in 2018 and designs software, hardware, and systems for active safety, collaborative and autonomous driving, occupant protection, and brake control.
Posted By: dbusiness on March 3, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.