Webasto Moving Headquarters to Auburn Hills from Rochester Hills
Automotive supplier Webasto Roof Systems is moving its North American headquarters from Rochester Hills to an existing building at 2500 Executive Blvd. in Auburn Hills. Timing for the move was not announced.
Webasto is investing $40 million in the move and utilizing a $350,000 Michigan Business Development Program performance-based grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corp.
“The decision by Webasto to expand its facilities in Michigan over competing countries and states further emphasizes the strength of Michigan’s business environment,” says Jeff Mason, CEO of the MEDC. The company considered sites in California, Germany, China, Mexico, and Kentucky.
Webasto has five locations in the United States including its facility in Rochester Hills that currently serves as its North American regional headquarters and testing center.
Webasto says it has run out of capacity at its existing Michigan locations and identified the site in Auburn Hills to expand to support its forecasted engineering and testing requirements and a consolidation of its existing staff. The project is expected to create 55 new jobs.
“We’re starting a new chapter for our Webasto family by moving our HQ to Auburn Hills,” says Andre Schoenekaes, president and CEO of Webasto Roof Systems. “Webasto has been part of the Michigan community for the last 45 years and we look forward to continuing this relationship. The consolidation of our Michigan locations will create a successful environment of collaboration and business processes.”
Webasto Roof Systems is a subsidiary of the Stockdorf, Germany-based Webasto Group, which has more than 50 locations around the world. Webasto has been supplying the Detroit three automakers since 1976.
“We are honored that Webasto Roof Systems has chosen Auburn Hills for its new North American headquarters,” says Auburn Hills Mayor Kevin McDaniel. “This new investment will allow Webasto to continue developing innovative technologies for roof systems. Our city council and staff have worked diligently to support this exciting project and we look forward to supporting their growth in Auburn Hills.”
In April, the Michigan Strategic Fund approved a $2.7 million MBDP grant in support of Webasto’s expansion in Plymouth Charter Township, a project that is expected to generate private investment of nearly $48 million and create 441 jobs.
Posted By: dbusiness on May 30, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.