WeWork to more than double Detroit footprint with new TechTown space
The New York City-based company, whose parent is We Co., has signed a lease for more than 91,000 square feet at 6001 Cass Ave. at York Street, Dan Austin, a spokesman for Detroit-based developer and landlord The Platform LLC said Wednesday evening.
That adds to the more than 85,000 square feet WeWork has spread across 11 floors in a pair of Dan Gilbert-owned buildings downtown: 1001 Woodward Ave. (four floors) and 1449 Woodward Ave. (seven floors).
Space at 1001 Woodward starts at $300 a month for a desk in a common area, $380 a month for a dedicated desk and $580 per month for a private office. At 1449 Woodward, desks in common areas start at $300 per month, while dedicated desks start at $440 per month and private offices start at $590 per month.
Leor Reef, a local spokesman for WeWork, said Wednesday evening that he was unable to disclose additional information about the Cass Avenue spot.
WeWork has been pushing forward on an IPO although there have been concerns about the company as it continues to lose money. Its valuation has wildly fluctuated, Bloomberg reported Wednesday morning: Some as high as $65 billion and perhaps as low as $15 billion.
Posted By: Crain’s Detroit Business on September 11, 2019. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.