Year-round ice skating rink to come to Sterling Heights’ Lakeside Mall
More details about the redevelopment of Lakeside Mall continue to emerge and new features of the shopping center include an ice skating rink, a food truck and pop up market space.
City officials on Friday released details from the company that purchased the mall in December, Out of the Box Ventures LLC, a subsidiary of Miami-based real estate developer Lionheart Capital.
“We are thrilled to be bringing an ice-skating rink to Lakeside,” Jerry Weller, mall manager, said in a statement. “This will definitely create a new fun experience to the mall and we hope the Sterling Heights community is as enthusiastic as we are.”
The synthetic ice rink will enable year-round skating, the company said, and will feature sound and lighting for disco skating. The rink will also offer programs for young children to learn how to skate and be available to rent for private parties.
City officials praised the news.
“The city created its 2030 Vision with a focus on placemaking, public art, and abundant recreational opportunities for all residents,” Mayor Michael Taylor said in a statement. “It is exciting to see that Out of the Box Ventures shares the same values as the City and is committed to creating unique experiences at Lakeside Mall during this transition period.”
After the rink is completed, the company plans to add art installations at the mall. The plans include works by graffiti artists, murals and art galleries. There are also plans to host art workshops for children and teens.
Company officials said it will also launch in late spring Lakeside’s first Food Truck & Pop-Up Market.
“It is important that we stay as connected to the community as possible,” Ophir Sternberg, Lionheart Capital founding partner and CEO, said. “We have a lot of space that is best put to use to enhance the quality of life for Sterling Heights’ residents, while we work on revitalizing the mall.
“Miami, where we are based, and Detroit are both artistic and creative incubators as cities,” he said. “As a company we are especially connected to the arts and are thrilled to be able to give local talent a place to showcase their work.”
Lakeside Mall is located at Schoenherr and Hall roads.
Posted By: The Detroit News on March 6, 2020. For more information, please click here to read the source article.
To receive the In The Know from Signature Associates, please click here to be added to our mailing list.
« Back to News
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.