West Michigan office forecasts vary as quality spaces remain in demand
Commercial real estate experts have struggled to predict the future of the office market since the COVID-19 pandemic started, though they expect demand for high-quality office spaces to remain strong. Office vacancy rates in downtown Grand Rapids hovered around 11 percent in the fourth quarter of 2021, according to market reports from JLL Inc. and Colliers International’s West […]
Former Secure-24 may vacate large new Southfield headquarters, Auburn Hills outpost
One of the Southfield Town Center’s towers is at risk of losing its largest tenant in what may be a case of bad timing. NTT Communications Corp., the Tokyo-based parent company of the cloud services provider formerly known as Secure-24, has put its roughly 100,000-square-foot headquarters in the 4000 Town Center high-rise off the Lodge Freeway […]
Commercial real estate experts optimistic despite work from home uncertainty
The West Michigan commercial real estate market has been relatively stagnant during the pandemic-induced shift to remote working, but advisers see some room for optimism ahead of a vaccine rollout and with several recent office deals. “No matter what industry we’re talking about, I think the driving force is people’s attitude — which used to […]
Michigan work went remote. Businesses now weigh whether they need offices.
Michigan’s largest cities are seeing the negative effects of largely empty office buildings as white-collar workers work remotely — with no predictable end date for the COVID pandemic. Getting those employees back into offices is a short-term solution to repopulating central business districts and restoring customers for the restaurants, shops and services that depend on […]
Michigan business groups to Whitmer: Time to ease office-work restrictions
With COVID-19 cases in decline and vaccination rates on the rise, a coalition of Michigan business groups is calling on Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s administration to let white-collar workers return to the office. The Michigan Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Manufacturers Association, Small Business Association of Michigan and the regional chambers of commerce in Detroit, Grand Rapids […]
Working From Home But Keeping Connected
To limit exposure to the coronavirus, many companies across the U.S. are urging, and some are mandating, that employees work from home. Plenty of employees are embracing the new rules, happy to avoid their daily commute and to work in their pajamas. But when a company’s employees are suddenly no longer under one roof, it […]
How to Navigate This New Normal
We are in the middle of the largest test of remote work in history. As such, most of the national workforce is going through many “first times” together. Some of us have enjoyed remote access for years, while others are figuring it on the fly. All of us are determining how to be productive in […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.