Lakeside Mall sold to developer with plans beyond retail
Lakeside Mall has been sold to a Miami group that says it will add other uses beyond shopping to revive the Sterling Heights shopping center, according to Sterling Heights city officials. The deal on the struggling mall was completed Tuesday. The mall’s previous owner, General Growth Properties Inc., defaulted on its $144 million mortgage, Sterling Heights officials said. Earlier this year, Lord […]
After years of delays, Five & Main project moving forward in Commerce Township
A Commerce Township development long in the works is moving forward as a developer has purchased more than 30 acres of land for a new lifestyle center. Birmingham-based Robert B. Aikens & Associates LLC has closed on the $4.25 million purchase of about 34 acres for the first phase of what is being referred to […]
Vester Square development would create shopping, dining, park campus in Ferndale
East of downtown Ferndale, a cluster of businesses and parking lots could start to slowly morph into a multifaceted dining and shopping campus. Vester Square — a three-phase redevelopment project estimated to cost $20 million-$25 million— is making its way through Ferndale government approvals, according to city officials and a lead developer, Christian Fuller of […]
$160M Studio Park opens downtown
Downtown Grand Rapids’ latest attraction now is open to the public. Studio Park celebrated its grand opening today at 123 Ionia Ave. SW. The 62,500-square-foot development offers several dining and retail options, a 200-seat concert venue called the Listening Room, a nine-screen movie theater, luxury lofts and an outdoor piazza. The $160 million project is […]
Book Tower restoration to feature hotel, retail, office space
Bedrock plans to bring the iconic Book Tower back to life with a mix of residential, hotel, retail and office space. New York-based architect ODA was chosen from among 10 firms to lead the design effort in restoring the nearly 500,000-square-foot Washington Boulevard structure originally built in 1916. “We selected them because they have quite a few projects around […]
Varsity Shop demolition expected to begin soon
In 2016, Signature negotiated the contract on behalf of the client and closed on this project. Our innovative process combined consulting, marketing & transactional services to best manage and support our client’s needs. The Varsity Shop property at 277 Pierce St. in Birmingham may start coming down soon, the city says. It is owned […]
Caledonia insurance firm coming to Studio Park will bring 400 jobs downtown
Studio Park, the $160 million project just south of Van Andel Arena that includes a movie complex, restaurants, apartments, retail shops and more, on Wednesday announced the tenant of its six-story, $40 million office tower. Acrisure, a Caledonia Township-based insurance, risk management and benefits design firm, will move from its current headquarters to the new […]
Ferndale approves developer deal for mixed-use parking garage project
A public-private partnership is moving forward to finance and construct downtown Ferndale’s first mixed-use parking garage development. City Council unanimously approved Monday night a development agreement between the city and Royal Oak-based developer Versa Wanda LLC, according to City Manager Joseph Gacioch. Construction started in February on the long-planned, city-financed portion of the approximately $40 million DOT (Development on […]
Palace of Auburn Hills to be razed; redevelopment in works
The former home of the Detroit Pistons soon will be demolished to make room for the homes of technology companies and corporations. A joint venture between Detroit Pistons owner Tom Gores and Livonia-based Schostak Brothers & Co. Inc. have purchased the Palace of Auburn Hills to be redeveloped into 1 million square feet of mixed-use office and research […]
Mixed-use development, $3.2 million streetscape planned for Hazel Park
As Hazel Park plots to build a downtown, a proposed mixed-use development and $3.2 million streetscape plan could help move the vision forward. A mixed-use apartment building with 33 units and 14,000 square feet of retail is planned for the site of a long vacant CVS store on John R. Road — the city’s main […]
Major development would transform Erwin Orchards property in Lyon Township
Proposals have been shot down over the years but Howard Fingeroot said his plan is something different. Fingeroot, a Oakland County-based developer, will be pitching his mixed-use development proposal to the Lyon Township Planning Commission on Wednesday night. The proposed development, called Cider Mill Village, would transform the nearly century old Erwin Orchards property in […]
Ferndale’s busiest parking lot to close for mixed-use development
The busiest parking lot in Ferndale is scheduled to close at the end of January for a 12- to 15-month construction project transforming it into a five-story, mixed-use development with nearly triple the parking spaces. “It’s a lot more than just a parking structure,” said Barry Hicks, executive director of Ferndale’s Downtown Development Authority. “This is years […]
Warren plans $170M mixed-use project as first step toward a downtown
Warren Mayor Jim Fouts has long talked about creating a walkable downtown for the city. This week, he unveiled plans for a $170 million mixed-use development project that he says is the first step toward realizing that dream. The proposed Warren Town Center would be built through a public-private partnership that will include the city, […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.