M&A remains active among West Michigan manufacturers
When Grand Rapids-based Multi-Automatic Tool and Supply Co. started searching for prospective acquisitions several years ago, the move came as a reaction to many of the company’s customers buying directly from small shops. Convinced that he needed to diversify his business in order to compete, President James Byl went looking for opportunities, but it took a few […]
GHSP to expand, relocate headquarters to Holland
Automotive supplier GHSP is expanding and moving its headquarters and engineering laboratory to the Holland Technical Center, MiBizhas learned. The company, a division of Grand Haven-based JSJ Corp., has leased 120,000 square feet of office space and 35,000 square feet of lab space at the facility located at South Waverly Road and East 32nd Street. The move nearly […]
Amenity-rich Class A office space still in demand in GR, suburban markets
The opportunity to lease brand new office space in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids offered Van Wyk Risk Solutions the chance to grow into a new location. This month, Van Wyk will be the first tenant to move into the new Warner Building, located at 150 Ottawa Ave. NW in downtown Grand Rapids. After outgrowing its […]
Furniture supplier planning new facility
A manufacturer of adjustable-height table bases is considering building a new production facility in the area. J-Star Motion Corporation is looking to build a 275,000-square-foot facility that would create 50 jobs, according to federal grant application documents. The facility would be constructed on a portion of 55 acres of undeveloped land at 725 and 730 […]
Spectrum Health consolidating 26 leases into new facility
Spectrum Health is planning to discontinue 26 leases and consolidate multiple departments into a new facility. The Grand-Rapids-based health system plans to build a Center for Transformation and Innovation on the property it owns in Grand Rapids southwest of the Cornerstone University campus, at Leffingwell Avenue NE and Bradford Street NE, according to a statement […]
Grand Rapids ranks among ‘most popular’ markets for millennials
Grand Rapids is a millennial magnet. Grand Rapids is the No. 2 market in terms of recent “millennial movers,” according to the “Most Popular Areas for Millennials: Where They Move and Stay,” a report by the National Association of Realtors or NAR. NAR estimates, within the last year, millennials made up 73% of movers to […]
Summer resident-turned-developer has $10 million plans for downtown Spring Lake
In recent years, the West Michigan village of Spring Lake found its downtown looking like those of many small villages around the state. Buildings sat empty and in disrepair, but with a small population of 2,323, it was hard to interest developers in taking on major and expensive projects. Until recently, a state program to […]
Commercial real estate a mixed bag for those looking for space
Depending on what you are looking for, the commercial real estate market in West Michigan may not be so favorable. According to some commercial real estate experts in the area, more properties are available for leasing, but fewer properties are available for sale. Jason Makowski, a partner and an office specialist at NAI Wisinski of […]
A look at 6 projects in Grand Rapids authority’s 2020 budget
Renovations at Lyon Square and Calder Plaza, street improvements on Division Avenue, and sprucing up the outdoor plaza near Van Andel Arena are among the priorities outlined in the Grand Rapids Downtown Development Authority’s 2020 budget. Tim Kelly, president and CEO of Downtown Grand Rapids Inc., the entity that oversees the DDA, provided an overview […]
THE DETROIT FREE PRESS NAMES SIGNATURE ASSOCIATES A WINNER OF THE MICHIGAN 2018 TOP WORKPLACES AWARD
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—November 29, 2018— Signature Associates has been awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces honor by The Detroit Free Press. The list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey administered by research partner Energage, LLC, a leading provider of technology-based employee engagement tools. The anonymous survey measures several aspects of workplace culture, […]
SIGNATURE ASSOCIATES BROKERS NAMED AS COSTAR POWER BROKERS FOR 2017
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—March 29, 2018— CoStar Group has awarded its annual Power Broker Awards and honored Signature Associates with 31 “Power Broker” distinctions. The Signature brokers account for 26% of the overall award winners and 43% of the industrial award winners. In addition to the individual awards, Signature Associates, as a company, was named in the […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.