Northville Downs residential redevelopment to cost $200 million
The future redevelopment of the Northville Downs racetrack is anticipated to cost $200 million. Randy Wertheimer, president and CEO of Farmington Hills-based residential developer Hunter Pasteur Homes, said construction on the 13-acre underdeveloped northern portion of the property should begin in the first quarter next year. Plans call for 300 apartments and 19,000 square feet […]
Apartments, retail planned for long-vacant Lee Plaza
The city of Detroit plans to sell the long-vacant Lee Plaza to a joint venture that will redevelop the historic building into 180 residential units and retail. The city announced Thursday that it has asked the Detroit City Council to approve the sale of the 1.7-acre site at 2240 W. Grand Boulevard for $350,000 to development partnership […]
$40M mixed-use development in Ann Arbor to break ground in 2019
A $40-million redevelopment of a vacant site near the University of Michigan medical campus and downtown Ann Arbor is expected to break ground in 2019. It’s been more than a year since the City Council voted unanimously in December 2017 to approve a site plan for the nine-story project known as The Glen, a hotel with ground-floor […]
Hazel Park Raceway redevelopment gets $21.44 million in brownfield financing
The $85 million redevelopment of the Hazel Park Raceway has received state approval for $21.44 million in brownfield financing. The Michigan Strategic Fund board approved the measure for New York City-based Ashley Capital’s redevelopment Tuesday. The second phase of the Tri-County Commerce Center project is slated to bring a pair of new manufacturing, distribution or […]
Business expansions and community projects to bring 4,000+ jobs to Michigan
Vital support for the Ford innovation hub in Detroit’s Corktown neighborhood, along with three other automotive and technology-related business expansions, a new commerce center in Hazel Park, and community revitalization projects including a significant improvement to downtown Battle Creek, was approved by the Michigan Strategic Fund board today. Overall, the MSF board approved projects expected to generate more […]
Eastland Center heads to auction; Harper Woods proposes new city hall on site
Harper Woods is proposing to move its civic center to the Eastland Center property as part of a mixed-use redevelopment if the long-struggling shopping mall is sold at auction next month. A concept plan by Northville-based McKenna Associates shows a reuse of the site at 18000 Vernier Road that includes 450,000 square feet of civic […]
Adell gets another approval for $125 million Novi project; groundbreaking Wednesday
Broadcast entrepreneur Kevin Adell planned to break ground Wednesday morning after he received another Novi City Council approval in his quest to redevelop his former Novi Expo Center site. City Council voted 6-0 Monday to direct the city attorney to draft a planned rezoning overlay agreement for rezoning the 22-acre property at I-96 and Novi […]
Southfield talks with developers as Northland Center demolition takes another step
The old Firestone building at Northland Center will meet the wrecking ball Monday morning as the city of Southfield moves forward on plans to redevelop the 125-acre site. Demolition of the structure near Greenfield and Eight Mile roads was scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Dore & Associates Contracting Inc. of Bay City is overseeing […]
Nelson father-son duo plans to maintain Eastern Market’s identity
Sanford Nelson has had a two-year crash course in Detroit commercial real estate, with the result being a 142,500-square-foot Eastern Market portfolio quietly acquired over the last 18 months. Son of millionaire serial entrepreneur Linden Nelson, the 29-year-old has his eyes set on a $20 million effort to buy and improve no fewer than 11 […]
Ashley Capital buys closed Hazel Park Raceway for redevelopment
The Hazel Park Raceway has a new owner that plans a large-scale development on the shuttered horse racing track’s remaining 95 acres. New York City-based industrial/warehouse developer Ashley Capital, which has its local office in Canton Township, completed the purchase Friday, said Susan Harvey, senior vice president of the office. The plan is to develop […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.