Chemical company looking at Ann Arbor area to build headquarters
A chemical company looking to open its North American headquarters and research and development facility is eyeing several areas around Ann Arbor after previous attempts to begin construction failed in Pittsfield Township. Wacker Chemical Corporation has received letters in support of a potential development from leaders in Ann Arbor, Pittsfield Township and Scio Township for […]
Governor’s office: Construction to be allowed beginning May 7
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will allow the construction industry to get back to work May 7, a spokesman for the governor confirmed Wednesday morning. The Michigan Information & Research Service (MIRS News) first reported the date on Tuesday. Zack Pohl, a Whitmer spokesman, confirmed the report. “No one should be surprised that the governor would open […]
Coronavirus not slowing down most development projects
At least one major economic development project in northwest Ohio is at a standstill due to the coronavirus outbreak, but for now, most developers and officials remain optimistic about the future. Construction workers are exempt from Gov. Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order, but Cleveland-Cliffs announced last week that it is pausing work on a hot briquette […]
5 notable construction projects from West Michigan
Contractors are capping off another busy year for developments across West Michigan. From the largest mixed-use project in downtown Grand Rapids history, to new modern buildings in historic areas, these are five notable projects from around the region on the radar for MiBiz this year. Here’s a closer look at them. 10 Ionia Architect: Yamasaki Associates Inc., Troy […]
East Toledo iron plant on track to open next summer
Ten days ago workers finished erecting the 457-foot furnace reactor tower at the hot briquette iron manufacturing plant under construction in East Toledo, officially making it the tallest structure in the city. So on Wednesday, the plant’s owner, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., decided it was time to provide a progress update on the $830 million plant by holding an […]
Get ready! Construction is about to begin on new Glass City Metropark
Drive along Main Street in East Toledo where the old Toledo Sports Arena used to stand and you can see the construction happening now on Marina District land that had frustrated Toledoans for remaining vacant so long. That’s the $45 million, 360-unit cluster of apartments and townhouses Columbus developer Frank Kass is building near the […]
$224 million, 8.5-mile overhaul of I-75 in Oakland County to start next month
Construction on I-75 in Oakland County is set to ramp up again next month with an 8.5-mile overhaul as well as the state’s first carpool lane and two more interchange projects. Segment two of the nearly $2 billion I-75 Modernization Project will include redoing the freeway from Coolidge Highway to 13 Mile Road. The Michigan […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.