Michigan’s cannabis industry has gone through some growing pains: What to expect in 2023
Posted By: Detroit Free Press on January 9, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Michigan’s still-young legalized recreational cannabis industry went through some growing pains last year. Prices of marijuana products rapidly declined and, as a result, cannabis companies struggled to survive. At the same time, some of those companies continued to innovate, […]
‘Unprecedented’ $10M cannabis hospitality project planned in Muskegon
Posted By: MiBiz on November 7, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. A group of Michigan and Chicago-based entrepreneurs are developing a one-stop cannabis destination in Muskegon that would include a growing and processing facility, dispensary, consumption lounge, outdoor venue, restaurant and bar. The $10 million Fields Cannary project would be […]
80,000 marijuana plants will fill West Michigan grow facility once complete
With phase one complete, the first marijuana plants are expected to start growing in a week at 305 Farms. The 44,000-square-foot building in Lawrence’s industrial park will house 2,500 marijuana plants for 305 Farms. The facility held a grand opening Monday, March 15. A final inspection should happen in the next few days, and then plants are […]
Public cannabis companies making headway in maturing Michigan industry
As Michigan’s cannabis industry grows, it’s drawing in more giants of the business: publicly traded companies. Historically, many public companies and those with complex ownership structures were skipping Michigan or choosing to invest indirectly through licensing agreements, lending relationships or real estate. Getting a marijuana business license here meant turning in piles of paperwork for […]
Construction firm, cannabis company partner on new commercial development on GR’s west side
Construction Simplified plans to move and expand its offices in Grand Rapids in preparation of eventually growing its presence across the country. The construction firm is currently located at 895 W. Fulton St. on the city’s west side. It has a development agreement with John McLeod, co-founder and head of new markets for Cloud Cannabis Co., to […]
Lake Trust Credit Union, other financial institutions wade into Michigan cannabis banking market
As the cannabis industry continues to expand in Michigan, there are a limited number of options for the businesses to put their money while their business is still illegal at the federal level. But that is changing. Nearly $125 million worth of recreational cannabis was sold statewide in September, up from $60 million the same […]
Chris Webber to build up to $175 million cannabis compound in southwest Detroit
Chris Webber, an NBA Hall-of-Famer, former University of Michigan basketball star and Detroit native, broke ground Tuesday on the first phase of an estimated $175 million cannabis-focused development in southwest Detroit. Webber, a 48-year-old cannabis investor, plans to run industry job training through his partnership with West Coast lifestyle brand Cookies, as well as grow cannabis at […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 10.7 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.