BarFly Ventures files for bankruptcy; announces plans to reopen restaurants
The parent company of HopCat and other local restaurants filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy relief while simultaneously announcing its plan for reopening its restaurant locations. Grand Rapids-based BarFly Ventures — the parent of HopCat, Stella’s Lounge and Grand Rapids Brewing Co. — said Wednesday that it filed petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the […]
Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association Releases Roadmap to Reopen Restaurants Starting May 29
The Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association released its Roadmap to Reopening, a step-by-step guide to navigating restaurant reintegration as COVID-19 stay home orders are expected to lift. It offers guidelines and checklists designed to put restaurateurs in a position to safely reopen operations while giving the general public confidence that they can return to restaurants. […]
Whitmer approves liquor buyback program as bar, restaurant restrictions extended
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has signed an executive order allowing the Michigan Liquor Control Commission to buy back spirits on the shelves of bars and restaurants that have been closed for four weeks due to the coronavirus outbreak. The state’s liquor control commission plans to meet Tuesday to take action on creating the buyback program. Under […]
Georgio’s Cafe plans to add Sylvania location
Georgio’s Cafe International, a popular downtown restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine for more than three decades, plans to add a second location next month in Sylvania. The new Georgio’s Grill will hit the ground running by taking over the site of another restaurant now in the process of closing — the 5th Street Pub, at 5577 […]
SIGNATURE SELLS 3,060 SQUARE FOOT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN
MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN—November 9, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the sale of the 3,060 square foot Dog House Saloon located at 1940 E. Laketon Avenue, Muskegon, Michigan to 1940 E. Laketon, LLC. Jamie Hughes of Signature Associates represented the seller, Dog House Saloon. About Signature Associates Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, […]
SIGNATURE SELLS RESTAURANT IN KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN
KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN—October 7, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the sale of Mitten Dogs located at 2625 Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Jeff Chrystal and Jim Olsen of Signature Associates represented the seller, Mitten Dogs & More. Jeff also represented the purchaser, Arabian House. About Signature Associates Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand […]
Vester Square development would create shopping, dining, park campus in Ferndale
East of downtown Ferndale, a cluster of businesses and parking lots could start to slowly morph into a multifaceted dining and shopping campus. Vester Square — a three-phase redevelopment project estimated to cost $20 million-$25 million— is making its way through Ferndale government approvals, according to city officials and a lead developer, Christian Fuller of […]
New restaurants, bar coming to RenCen’s old Coach Insignia space
Not one, not two, not three, but four — count ’em — four new dining and drinking concepts will call the top of the Renaissance Center’s central tower on Detroit’s riverfront home come November. James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef Shawn McClain, best known for his work in Chicago and more recently Las Vegas, offered the first details since […]
Big Boy looks to bounce back under new ownership
As Big Boy’s new owners aim for a comeback, the change comes in small moves — taking MSG out of seasoned salt, for example — and large ones, like paying off $34 million in debt. The Warren-based restaurant chain’s CEO led a group of local investors that bought Big Boy Restaurants International LLC last fall. […]
Team Schostak Family Restaurants acquires 56 Wendy’s restaurants in Michigan
Livonia-based Team Schostak Family Restaurants has acquired 56 Wendy’s restaurants in Michigan. With the addition, family-owned Team Schostak now owns and operates more than 160 restaurants throughout Michigan. “As our team actively sought opportunities to grow TSFR’s restaurant business, this unique opportunity came up in our home state to purchase these Wendy’s and the acquisition […]
Panera to close downtown Birmingham location, open first spot in Royal Oak
Panera Bread Co. is planning to pack it up in downtown Birmingham and move to a new location in Royal Oak. The bakery-cafe will close its 100 N. Old Woodward Ave. shop “sometime in June or July” and move to the new Woodward Corners development at 13 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue headed by Beaumont […]
Chick-fil-A to expand to Shelby Township
Metro Detroiters will have one more location where they can “eat mor chikin.” Chick-fil-A Inc. is planning to open its first stand-alone location in Metro Detroit. The Shelby Township restaurant will be the Atlanta-based fast-food chain’s fifth restaurant in Metro Detroit, the company confirmed Thursday. “Chick-fil-A is always looking for new locations to continue serving our customers, […]
Former Sweet Lorraine’s building sold in Southfield
The building that for decades housed the flagship Sweet Lorraine’s Cafe & Bar on Greenfield Road in Southfield has been sold, according to Crain’s Detroit Business. The distinctive building at 29101 Greenfield, along the border of Southfield and Berkley, has been bought by Abro Plaza Southfield LLC., Crain’s reported. The company also purchased a shopping center next door with a […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.