Georgio’s Cafe plans to add Sylvania location
Georgio’s Cafe International, a popular downtown restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine for more than three decades, plans to add a second location next month in Sylvania. The new Georgio’s Grill will hit the ground running by taking over the site of another restaurant now in the process of closing — the 5th Street Pub, at 5577 […]
SIGNATURE SELLS 3,060 SQUARE FOOT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN
MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN—November 9, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the sale of the 3,060 square foot Dog House Saloon located at 1940 E. Laketon Avenue, Muskegon, Michigan to 1940 E. Laketon, LLC. Jamie Hughes of Signature Associates represented the seller, Dog House Saloon. About Signature Associates Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, […]
SIGNATURE SELLS RESTAURANT IN KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN
KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN—October 7, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the sale of Mitten Dogs located at 2625 Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Jeff Chrystal and Jim Olsen of Signature Associates represented the seller, Mitten Dogs & More. Jeff also represented the purchaser, Arabian House. About Signature Associates Signature Associates, with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand […]
Vester Square development would create shopping, dining, park campus in Ferndale
East of downtown Ferndale, a cluster of businesses and parking lots could start to slowly morph into a multifaceted dining and shopping campus. Vester Square — a three-phase redevelopment project estimated to cost $20 million-$25 million— is making its way through Ferndale government approvals, according to city officials and a lead developer, Christian Fuller of […]
New restaurants, bar coming to RenCen’s old Coach Insignia space
Not one, not two, not three, but four — count ’em — four new dining and drinking concepts will call the top of the Renaissance Center’s central tower on Detroit’s riverfront home come November. James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef Shawn McClain, best known for his work in Chicago and more recently Las Vegas, offered the first details since […]
Big Boy looks to bounce back under new ownership
As Big Boy’s new owners aim for a comeback, the change comes in small moves — taking MSG out of seasoned salt, for example — and large ones, like paying off $34 million in debt. The Warren-based restaurant chain’s CEO led a group of local investors that bought Big Boy Restaurants International LLC last fall. […]
Team Schostak Family Restaurants acquires 56 Wendy’s restaurants in Michigan
Livonia-based Team Schostak Family Restaurants has acquired 56 Wendy’s restaurants in Michigan. With the addition, family-owned Team Schostak now owns and operates more than 160 restaurants throughout Michigan. “As our team actively sought opportunities to grow TSFR’s restaurant business, this unique opportunity came up in our home state to purchase these Wendy’s and the acquisition […]
Panera to close downtown Birmingham location, open first spot in Royal Oak
Panera Bread Co. is planning to pack it up in downtown Birmingham and move to a new location in Royal Oak. The bakery-cafe will close its 100 N. Old Woodward Ave. shop “sometime in June or July” and move to the new Woodward Corners development at 13 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue headed by Beaumont […]
Chick-fil-A to expand to Shelby Township
Metro Detroiters will have one more location where they can “eat mor chikin.” Chick-fil-A Inc. is planning to open its first stand-alone location in Metro Detroit. The Shelby Township restaurant will be the Atlanta-based fast-food chain’s fifth restaurant in Metro Detroit, the company confirmed Thursday. “Chick-fil-A is always looking for new locations to continue serving our customers, […]
Former Sweet Lorraine’s building sold in Southfield
The building that for decades housed the flagship Sweet Lorraine’s Cafe & Bar on Greenfield Road in Southfield has been sold, according to Crain’s Detroit Business. The distinctive building at 29101 Greenfield, along the border of Southfield and Berkley, has been bought by Abro Plaza Southfield LLC., Crain’s reported. The company also purchased a shopping center next door with a […]
Como’s rebirth comes with crusty pizza, whiskey and a multimillion-dollar overhaul
Restaurateur Zack Sklar considered tearing down Ferndale mainstay Como’s pizzeria, but in the end he couldn’t do it. Instead, the new owner is ripping up its family pizza recipe and bringing a new Detroit-style pie to the downtown corner restaurant. Como’s is set to reopen in spring. It will keep the name and serve pizza, […]
Royal Oak pizza restaurant Pasquale’s for sale
Pasquale’s, a Royal Oak pasta and pizza restaurant in business since 1954, is available for sale or lease as the owners look to retire. The family is hopeful that the property on 31555 Woodward Ave., between 13 Mile and Normandy, could continue as Pasquale’s under new leadership, but the options are open. “It’s a little bit […]
New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co. to Open Five Restaurants in Metro Detroit
New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co., a Mediterranean restaurant, has announced it will be expanding to Michigan. The company says it has signed a five-unit franchise deal to open locations in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Troy, Warren, and Canton Township. The menu offers a variety of choices including Moroccan beans, Israeli couscous, pita and […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.