Fowlerville getting $3.7 million apartment and commercial development downtown
A local couple is preparing to break ground on a more than 13,500-square-foot commercial and apartment building in downtown Fowlerville. The Michigan Strategic Fund board on Tuesday approved a $1.45 million loan through a Michigan Economic Development Corporation program, which will help them finance the estimated $3.7 million construction project. Jennifer Cooke and her husband, Dan — […]
Commercial foreclosures remain low in Detroit, but will that last?
The pandemic has not caused commercial landlords to lose their properties to foreclosure en masse like they did during the Great Recession. At least not yet. In spite of concerns about tenant rent payment early in the pandemic — including from restaurants, bars, gyms, apartment renters, office users and others — as government restrictions to stop the […]
Construction underway on $2.5M mixed-use development in Holland
A mixed-use residential and commercial building now is under construction on the site of the former Goog’s Pub & Grub in Holland. Among the first construction under the city of Holland’s new unified development ordinance (UDO) that promotes mixed uses in commercial zones is a new 14,000-square-foot Goog’s building on the city’s south side. Construction […]
Prime Oshkosh riverfront sold to new developer
The former site of the Morgan Door Co., a prime waterfront property on Oregon Street that has been dormant for years, has been sold to a new developer. What happens next at the site is unclear. “Nothing has been submitted to the city for approval,” said Kelly Nieforth, Oshkosh’s director of community development. “It will […]
New city initiative aims to restore vacant buildings
Toledo officials are hoping the Vibrancy Initiative will help local businesses restore the city’s vacant commercial buildings to house a wave of entrepreneurs who have been inspired to launch their own companies. Announced Monday against the backdrop of the Broadway corridor in one of Toledo’s oldest neighborhoods, the pilot program was created to invest in […]
Redevelopment of key property bridging Midtown and downtown sought by Muskegon officials
A building at a key location near Muskegon’s downtown could revert to its historic look through mixed-use redevelopment being sought by city officials. The city-owned building on Third Street had housed offices of Catholic Charities West Michigan, which recently moved to new facilities in the city. The property includes vacant lots on which the city […]
Developer acquires three more properties for massive Sligh factory mixed-use project
A Detroit-based developer recently acquired three properties near downtown Grand Rapids as part of a larger mixed-use plan to redevelop the former Sligh Furniture Co. building. Sturgeon Bay Partners, doing business as JV SBAM SA LLC, acquired 188 Wealthy St. SW, 190 Wealthy St. SW, and 440 Grandville Ave. SW on May 14 for a total […]
Roseville accepting proposals for Utica Junction development
Roseville is taking applications from developers who are interested in developing two sites in the Utica Junction area that are owned by the city. Roseville officials are hoping this will help efforts to revitalize the area around Utica Road and Gratiot Avenue. The city also will be offering incentives for certain developments that could help […]
Commercial property values rise 35 percent in Detroit over past year
Commercial property values in Detroit rose 35 percent between 2017 and 2018 after the city completed its first citywide reassessment of commercial buildings in decades, Mayor Mike Duggan said Tuesday. The overall value of commercial property in Detroit rose $2.96 billion to more than $4.5 billion, according to data from the city assessor’s office. Industrial […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.