WeWork to more than double Detroit footprint with new TechTown space
Co-working space giant WeWork LLC expects to double its Detroit footprint by opening its largest location to date, in the TechTown area of Midtown. The New York City-based company, whose parent is We Co., has signed a lease for more than 91,000 square feet at 6001 Cass Ave. at York Street, Dan Austin, a spokesman […]
New restaurants, bar coming to RenCen’s old Coach Insignia space
Not one, not two, not three, but four — count ’em — four new dining and drinking concepts will call the top of the Renaissance Center’s central tower on Detroit’s riverfront home come November. James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef Shawn McClain, best known for his work in Chicago and more recently Las Vegas, offered the first details since […]
Caledonia insurance firm coming to Studio Park will bring 400 jobs downtown
Studio Park, the $160 million project just south of Van Andel Arena that includes a movie complex, restaurants, apartments, retail shops and more, on Wednesday announced the tenant of its six-story, $40 million office tower. Acrisure, a Caledonia Township-based insurance, risk management and benefits design firm, will move from its current headquarters to the new […]
Summer resident-turned-developer has $10 million plans for downtown Spring Lake
In recent years, the West Michigan village of Spring Lake found its downtown looking like those of many small villages around the state. Buildings sat empty and in disrepair, but with a small population of 2,323, it was hard to interest developers in taking on major and expensive projects. Until recently, a state program to […]
Mixed-use development, $3.2 million streetscape planned for Hazel Park
As Hazel Park plots to build a downtown, a proposed mixed-use development and $3.2 million streetscape plan could help move the vision forward. A mixed-use apartment building with 33 units and 14,000 square feet of retail is planned for the site of a long vacant CVS store on John R. Road — the city’s main […]
Roseville to host developer showcase for Utica Road corridor
Roseville city officials on Wednesday will host a developer showcase to outline development opportunities along Utica Road, a move that could land a developer for a multi-million building project. Local developers, realtors, state and city officials have been invited to attend the showcase, along with a team of officials from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. […]
A look at 6 projects in Grand Rapids authority’s 2020 budget
Renovations at Lyon Square and Calder Plaza, street improvements on Division Avenue, and sprucing up the outdoor plaza near Van Andel Arena are among the priorities outlined in the Grand Rapids Downtown Development Authority’s 2020 budget. Tim Kelly, president and CEO of Downtown Grand Rapids Inc., the entity that oversees the DDA, provided an overview […]
Could south Ann Arbor’s office district become a second downtown?
It’s easy to see while walking – or driving – around downtown Ann Arbor that vacant space is scarce. According to the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority’s (DDA) 2018 State of the Downtown report, downtown office vacancy is at 3.6%, nearly three times less than the city’s average 9% vacancy rate. With downtown nearly at […]
Retail magnet: Birmingham to use data to pull in national, regional stores
Birmingham — home to a 96 percent retail occupancy rate and 60 salons — has hired a new consultant to target specific regional and national retailers to help create the right downtown mix. And luring more restaurants isn’t a priority. The city’s Birmingham Shopping District employed Bloomfield Township-based CC Consulting starting March 7 to recruit […]
Warren plans $170M mixed-use project as first step toward a downtown
Warren Mayor Jim Fouts has long talked about creating a walkable downtown for the city. This week, he unveiled plans for a $170 million mixed-use development project that he says is the first step toward realizing that dream. The proposed Warren Town Center would be built through a public-private partnership that will include the city, […]
Oakland County launches retail attraction and retention plan
Oakland County, home to one of the most sought-after retail corridors in the country, has launched a retail attraction and retention campaign to bolster interest in select downtowns. The initiative, the first of its kind for the county, comes as efforts to woo retailers to downtown Detroit continue, led by Dan Gilbert’s Bedrock LLC, Olympia […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.