Business Owners Remain Optimistic for 2023 Despite Projected Economic Downturn
Posted By: DBUSINESS on December 7, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Despite headwinds from supply chains, inflation, and labor shortages, small business owners are forecasting a strong year ahead, according to the 2022 Women & Minority Business Owner Spotlight, a new report from Bank of America exploring the outlook of […]
Michigan’s small businesses had a growth spurt in 2021, highest new job count in two decades
Michigan customers had lots of options to support a new, small business in 2021. They could get a “Millennial Lunchable” in Saginaw, an “all-beef dirty water plain dog” in Kalamazoo or BYOC — bring your own container — and fill up on cosmetics in Ann Arbor. Despite a labor shortage and a wave of resignations defining the first year after coronavirus […]
Unique programming supports local entrepreneurial spirit
Most entrepreneurs need some sort of jump start to get a business off the ground. That is the purpose of JumpStart, a nonprofit venture development organization that provides technical services and capital to Toledo-area Black, Latino, Hispanic and women-owned small businesses, said Vicki McDonald, JumpStart communications manager. “It is intended to help small businesses gain […]
Geniuses On Board day care: Financing struggles, followed by pandemic woes
Signature brokers, Chris Monsour and Peter Vanderkaay, were honored to be a part of Geniuses On Board Childcare, Inc. finding their new home in Southfield and we look forward to all that the future holds for them! Deandrea Murray can remember the excitement she felt last year when she signed her closing deal on her […]
Franchising expected to bounce back quickly
The number of small businesses failures in 2020 has yet to be calculated, but two months into the new year the havoc that the coronavirus pandemic wreaked on small business franchises has become clear. According to a report prepared by FranData for the International Franchise Association, the number of business franchises declined 2.6 percent last […]
More than 1,400 Southwest Michigan small businesses receive thousands in grant funding
The results are in for the recipients of the Michigan Small Business Restart Program. News Channel 3 anchor Lora Painter spoke with Ron Kitchens, the senior partner and chief executive officer of Southwest Michigan First, about grant money helping our region’s economy strengthen and rebound from the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. Kitchens said checks went out this […]
First tenants sign on for Complex444, Detroit Shipping Co.’s neighboring development
A diverse lineup of businesses will make a home at Complex444, an upcoming development next door to Detroit Shipping Co. in Cass Corridor, which will be owned by Peterboro Investment LLC with partners including Detroit Rising Development. The latter development and construction management group on Tuesday announced the retail and office collective’s first four tenants. […]
Relief programs for small businesses spin up
Help from entities big and small is making its way to Main Street businesses across Michigan. Beyond the federal $2 trillion stimulus plan signed late last week, the state, Southeast Michigan municipalities and entrepreneurial support entities are pushing forward with their own programs aimed to throw a lifeline to small businesses. Michigan’s economic performance had already been […]
Women entrepreneurs and business owners on the rise in Ohio
As a little girl, Stephanie Johnston dreamed about owning her own business, but after spending nearly 18 years in the corporate world, including nearly eight years at Owens-Illinois, it seemed as though her career track was becoming defined by Wall Street. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of my time at O-I. But […]
Flint’s seismic small business growth follows a tidal wave of investments
The City of Flint and its potential for development was on the discussion table in Detroit Sunday as talk show host Mark S. Lee and editors of TheHUBmet with Metro Community Development CEO Brian Glowiak to discuss the more than $250 million in new investments and related small-business growth in the city. Glowiak was a […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 10.7 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.