Hall Road, other shopping centers face changing landscape amid COVID-19
What is perhaps Metro Detroit’s busiest shopping corridor is hurting. At 10.5 miles, the stretch of M-59/Hall Road that runs east to I-94 in Macomb County produces one of the most formidable retail hot spots in the region. So what happens when half of the 90,000 to 100,000 cars that traverse it daily stay in […]
Uptick in demand for Macomb County industrial space may signal rebound
Up until last month, the industrial market in Macomb County was performing about as well as any in the region. The vacancy rate in Metro Detroit was 4 percent across nearly 399 million square feet, with one-fifth of that market, or nearly 83 million square feet, in Macomb County outpacing the region at just 2.8 […]
Relief programs for small businesses spin up
Help from entities big and small is making its way to Main Street businesses across Michigan. Beyond the federal $2 trillion stimulus plan signed late last week, the state, Southeast Michigan municipalities and entrepreneurial support entities are pushing forward with their own programs aimed to throw a lifeline to small businesses. Michigan’s economic performance had already been […]
Lakeside Mall sold to developer with plans beyond retail
Lakeside Mall has been sold to a Miami group that says it will add other uses beyond shopping to revive the Sterling Heights shopping center, according to Sterling Heights city officials. The deal on the struggling mall was completed Tuesday. The mall’s previous owner, General Growth Properties Inc., defaulted on its $144 million mortgage, Sterling Heights officials said. Earlier this year, Lord […]
The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township Adds Four Retailers
The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township is adding American Eagle/Aerie, Burger Fin, Detroit Axe, and lululemon to its outdoor shopping center. American Eagle/Aerie, a lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer and its lingerie sub-brand, is set to debut in the fourth quarter. The combined store will encompass about 10,800 square feet. Burger Fin, a […]
LivWell Michigan to Open Cannabis Cultivation, Processing Facility in Warren
LivWell Michigan, a licensee of Colorado-based LivWell Holdings, will lease a 156,000-square-foot industrial space in Warren where it will operate a licensed cannabis cultivation and processing facility upon completion of redevelopment. The property was purchased for $19 million by and leased to LivWell by San Diego’s Innovative Industrial Properties. LivWell is expected to invest up […]
Mixed forecast in redevelopment of high-profile properties in Macomb County
From industrial firms to retailers and from land owners to community planners, the mantra of real estate agents applies. Location, location, location. With mixed results, some of Macomb County’s largest parcels appear destined for redevelopment. A few remain vacant with no immediate plan, while announcements and groundbreakings are on the horizon at others. Projects could […]
Lakeside Mall’s future is pondered, but Macomb’s M-59 corridor is still retail gold
Some have had plenty of fun at the expense of Macomb County’s newest art installation in the Hall Road/M-59 median, an orange, 35-foot-tall ring recently dubbed The Halo. But the 10.5-mile road’s retail scene is no laughing matter. In fact, it’s one of the most active in the region, catering to hundreds of thousands of […]
Macomb County Tops Country for Manufacturing Job Growth
The U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics recently reported that Macomb County is the top county in the nation for the creation of new manufacturing jobs. The county saw an increase of 9,118 manufacturing jobs between the fourth quarter of 2016 and the second quarter of 2018. Macomb County is followed by Alameda County, […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.