Region’s third known Amazon Fresh grocery store coming to Troy
The region’s third Amazon Fresh grocery store concept is believed to be under construction in Troy. Permits and site plans obtained from the city through a Freedom of Information Act request show a layout and design similar to other Amazon Fresh stores around the country, including locations Crain’s previously first reported in the spring in Shelby […]
Meijer wants abandoned Kmart site in Orion Township
Meijer has its eyes on an abandoned Kmart in an Orion Township shopping center as a future location for a Meijer store. The former Big K at 1025 S. Lapeer Road in the Lake Orion Plaza would be demolished and replaced by the nearly 90,000-square-foot Meijer store, which would be slightly bigger than the Big K and […]
Is this empty Hall Road storefront the site of Amazon Fresh’s first Michigan location?
The proposed remodeling of the former Gander Outdoors store in Shelby Township could be a harbinger of a new grocery option making its way across the country: Amazon Fresh. A site plan I obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request to Shelby Township shows a new exterior to the building at 13975 Hall Road […]
Plans come together for Port Huron’s first downtown grocery store in 50 years
If you had told Steve Fernandez and Michele Jones in 2012 that they were going to retire to Port Huron, then spend most of their retirement savings on becoming grocers, they’d have thought you’d been eating funny mushrooms. In 2012, he was working in Alaska as the Anchorage terminal manager for Koch Industries. Michele, his […]
City commission approves proposal requiring special use permit for small box discount stores
Small-box discount stores — such as Dollar General — may eventually have to obtain special-use permits to open in Toledo under a proposal passed recently by the Toledo City Plan Commission. The proposal, applicable only to new stores coming in, not existing businesses, would affect discount stores with a floor area between 5,000 and 15,000 square […]
Kroger and online grocery firm to build $95M fulfillment center in Romulus
The Kroger Co. and grocery ecommerce firm Ocado Solutions will build a $95 million customer fulfillment center to Romulus. The 135,000-square-foot facility at 15675 Wahrman will create 250 jobs, officials said Monday. The companies had previously announced plans to build a center in the Great Lakes Region. “Kroger is incredibly excited to develop one of our industry-leading customer […]
Certain businesses faring well during pandemic
Joe Sofo wasn’t sure what to expect from a business standpoint when the coronavirus pandemic hit hard over a month ago, but the results have been pleasantly surprising. Sofo Foods, which supplies ingredients to restaurants and fast food joints and operates a retail store on Monroe Street, is one of the local businesses faring well […]
Michigan’s online grocery sector surges amid coronavirus pandemic
Until very recently, Michiganders, like most Americans, were slow to embrace online grocery shopping. In 2019, only about 3 percent of U.S. sales took place online, according to a study of more than 8,000 grocery shoppers. In Europe and South Korea, that number was closer to 15 percent. Two main factors contribute to this lag, […]
Vester Square development would create shopping, dining, park campus in Ferndale
East of downtown Ferndale, a cluster of businesses and parking lots could start to slowly morph into a multifaceted dining and shopping campus. Vester Square — a three-phase redevelopment project estimated to cost $20 million-$25 million— is making its way through Ferndale government approvals, according to city officials and a lead developer, Christian Fuller of […]
Kroger to build marketplace on site of former Kmart in Sterling Heights
A Kroger Marketplace store is set to set up shop at the site of a now-closed Kmart building in Sterling Heights. There are a few permit and utility pieces that are still in motion, but demolition is ready to begin sometime this week, Rachel Hurst, corporate affairs manager at Kroger, said in an email. The […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.