Amazon fulfillment center at Pontiac Silverdome site opens, plans to hire 1,000 employees
E-commerce giant Amazon said Wednesday its Pontiac fulfillment center at the former Silverdome site has officially opened, with plans to hire more than 1,000 at that location. The fulfillment center’s opening was part of a broader announcement from Amazon that included its plans to open its first mid-Michigan fulfillment center near Lansing, a sort center […]
Can Amazon deliver new life to Reynolds Road?
In a few months, what was the weed-strewn, broken concrete grave of the former Southwyck Shopping Center will be reborn with the opening of Amazon’s $25 million “Delivery Station.” The 150,000-square-foot facility at 2040 S. Reynolds Rd. will bring new life, plus 410 jobs, to the 58-acre site that has sat vacant since 2008 when […]
Is this empty Hall Road storefront the site of Amazon Fresh’s first Michigan location?
The proposed remodeling of the former Gander Outdoors store in Shelby Township could be a harbinger of a new grocery option making its way across the country: Amazon Fresh. A site plan I obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request to Shelby Township shows a new exterior to the building at 13975 Hall Road […]
Why Institutional Investors are Gravitating Towards the Detroit Market
By: Luke Timmis The industrial sector in the United States is having its golden hour, or maybe it is more accurate to say a golden decade. America’s reliance on speedy distribution channels, pushed even further due to the “Amazon Effect”, has permeated all aspects of the industrial sector. The demand for mission-critical real estate […]
Why Would Amazon Scope Out JCPenney? It’s The Real Estate!
Great Article featuring Whitebox Real Estate/TCN Worldwide: Kerri Panchuk of Bisnow talks to Grant Pruitt from TCN’s Dallas office, Whitebox Real Estate/TCN Worldwide, about Amazon’s possible acquisition of JCPenny. Rumor has it struggling JCPenney Co. is a possible acquisition target for Jeff Bezos’ Amazon. JCPenney filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Friday and said it would close about 240 […]
A first look at Amazon facility at old Southwyck Mall Location
We are getting a first look at the renderings of the new Amazon facility that will be going in at the old Southwyck Mall location. The new development is expected to take up nearly 60 acres of space and will bring in 10 full time and 100 part-time jobs. The next planning meeting where it […]
Amazon hires more than 1,000 people for Grand Rapids center
Amazon recently announced it hired more than 80,000 employees to meet the surge in demand from people relying on Amazon’s service during this stressful time, particularly those most vulnerable to being out in public. This includes more than 1,000 new employees in Grand Rapids. The new hires in Grand Rapids fill a range of roles, including picking, packing, […]
Lyon Township Planning Commission gives nod to Amazon facility
Amazon Inc. wants to put a nearly 87,000-square-foot distribution facility in Lyon Township. During its meeting Monday, Lyon Township’s Planning Commission recommended approval of the plans for the facility that would occupy a vacant building along Grand River Avenue on Automation Boulevard. The online retailer wants to use the land for a distribution center and temporary parking area […]
Amazon eyes Silverdome site for distribution center; 1,500 jobs expected, officials say
Tech giant Amazon sent shock waves throughout Pontiac when news broke of the expected development of the Silverdome site into a distribution center as part of a $250 million project that would bring 1,500 jobs. The first steps in the plans to develop the 127-acre site were discussed during a Pontiac Planning Commission meeting on Wednesday night. The commission […]
It’s official: Amazon is coming to Rossford
The tenant has finally been revealed for a major economic development project in Rossford, and it’s not a surprise. Amazon.com announced Monday morning that it is building a fulfillment center on 100 acres in The Crossroads, just east of I-75 and north of U.S. 20/23. A second center will be location in Akron. City and company […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.