Wood County leaders relieved First Solar buys vacant building
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on January 18, 2024. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Wood County leaders said Thursday they were relieved that a reliable local company had purchased the massive former Peloton building and surrounding land. First Solar Inc. — headquartered in Arizona but with much of its domestic panel manufacturing, […]
Amazon announces its first Michigan solar farm project
Posted By: mlive on November 13, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Amazon is entering the Michigan solar farming business. Amazon, the world-famous online retailer, has announced its first renewable energy project in Michigan: a new 85-megawatt solar farm to be built in Van Buren County’s Lawrence Township, the company said on Monday, […]
Grant gives boost to First Solar project in Perrysburg Township
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on October 2, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. The Wood County Port Authority is being awarded a $681,000 Roadwork Development Grant in support of the First Solar Inc. project in Perrysburg Township. The funds are part of $1 million released Monday by the Ohio Department of […]
Toledo tech hub win would bring 9,000 jobs, $4 billion impact
Posted By: The Blade on August 20, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Toledo and northwest Ohio can generate 9,000 jobs and $4 billion in economic impact if designated a federal innovative hub by the U.S. Economic Development Administration, a consortium of local industry and civic leaders said in a grant application. Moreover, […]
First Solar plans new manufacturing plant
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on July 27, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Solar power equipment manufacturer First Solar, which operates three northwest Ohio plants, will open its fifth American factory in 2026 at a location to be determined, the company said Thursday. Tempe, Ariz.-based First Solar Inc.’s announcement comes as […]
Duggan wants to use vacant Detroit land for solar farms
Posted By: The Detroit News on June 26, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Mayor Mike Duggan on Wednesday will introduce a new effort to turn vacant Detroit land into solar farms to power city buildings. The initiative requires vacant land upwards of 20 acres — equivalent to 20 football fields — […]
How Michigan battery startup Our Next Energy plans to conquer mass EV market
Posted By: The Detroit News on April 9, 2023. For more information, please click here to read the source article. The idea that would eventually become a business valued at more than $1 billion first struck Mujeeb Ijaz in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic when he — like many people — was spending a lot of time […]
107-megawatt solar farm’s construction starts
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on November 28, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. A sprawling tract of about 1,000 acres in Gorham Township is on its way toward becoming a 107-megawatt solar farm. With site preparation having begun in October, Arche Energy Project, LLC and its Kansas-based construction contractor on […]
XL Fleet in Wixom Purchases Texas Rooftop Solar Firm for $58M
Posted By: dbusiness on September 12, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. XL Fleet Corp., a commercial fleet electrification company in Wixom, has acquired Spruce Power, a Houston, Texas-based privately held owner and operator of residential rooftop solar systems, for $58 million. The acquisition, which includes the assumption of approximately $542 […]
Utilities on the hunt for thousands of acres for solar development
DTE Energy Co. is in the market for 20,000 to 35,000 acres of southern-facing flat land in Michigan to erect solar arrays over the next 10 to 15 years. Consumers Energy Co., which generates 40 megawatts of electricity from solar today, has plans to be at 8,000 megawatts of energy from the sun by 2040, requiring […]
First Solar plant could boost industry — if feds assist
Excitement enveloped greater Toledo two weeks ago as executives of First Solar Inc. said they intend to construct a 1.8 million-square-foot plant — their third high-tech solar panel-making operation in northern Wood County — starting in the second half of this year. Politicians and economic development officials alike were thrilled by the decision that should […]
First Solar to build 3rd plant, add 500 jobs
Displaying high confidence in the U.S. solar industry in general and northwest Ohio specifically, solar panel maker First Solar Inc. said it will invest $680 million to build a third factory in the Toledo area by 2023, doubling its production capacity and creating 500 jobs. First Solar, headquartered in Tempe, Ariz., said construction of the […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 10.7 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.