Furniture supplier planning new facility
A manufacturer of adjustable-height table bases is considering building a new production facility in the area. J-Star Motion Corporation is looking to build a 275,000-square-foot facility that would create 50 jobs, according to federal grant application documents. The facility would be constructed on a portion of 55 acres of undeveloped land at 725 and 730 […]
GM will sink $150 million in truck production at Flint Assembly
General Motors will invest $150 million in equipment at its Flint truck plant to rev up production of its new Chevy Silverado and other vehicles. GM President Mark Reuss made the announcement at a news conference at Flint Assembly on Wednesday, June 12, the automaker’s second major expansion of its full-size pickup production capacity this […]
Italian automotive supplier plans new manufacturing plant in Detroit
An Italian automotive supplier plans to build a new manufacturing plant in Detroit. Tiberina Group, a supplier of body-in-white and metal stampings for the auto industry, acquired 10 acres of land at the former American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings site on Holbrook Drive on the city’s border with Hamtramck. Tiberina purchased the land from Cleveland-based […]
Farmington Hills’ Dembs Development Constructing Facility in Novi for Sweden’s Hexagon
Dembs Development in Farmington Hills has started construction on a two-story, 88,000-square-foot Technology Center of Excellence at the Beck North Corporate Park in Novi. The facility will be used by Stockholm Sweden-based Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division and is slated for completion in the fourth quarter of 2019. The division is a global company specializing in […]
Macomb County Tops Country for Manufacturing Job Growth
The U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics recently reported that Macomb County is the top county in the nation for the creation of new manufacturing jobs. The county saw an increase of 9,118 manufacturing jobs between the fourth quarter of 2016 and the second quarter of 2018. Macomb County is followed by Alameda County, […]
Robotic equipment manufacturer to invest $20.6 million, add 100 jobs in Sterling Heights
Automated welding system manufacturer HTI Cybernetics Inc. is investing $20.6 million to expand its Sterling Heights headquarters at a new site under development. The company that serves automakers and suppliers expects to create 100 jobs in five years, doubling its workforce, according to the Michigan Economic Development Corp. HTI has been approved for a $600,000 […]
Lawrence Tech, Southfield to invest in incubator for small manufacturers
Lawrence Technological University and the city of Southfield are banding together to renovate a 6,300-square-foot center to house a business incubator and accelerator to support small manufacturers and hardware startup companies with product development and prototyping. “We carved out a niche in support of that, as there weren’t other accelerators or incubators in the area […]
Flex-N-Gate plant opens with Detroiters as half of workforce
Half of the employees so far hired at Flex-N-Gate’s manufacturing plant are Detroiters, the company said Monday. The sounds of whirring machines and clanking metal inaugurated the $160-million manufacturing facility as it begins real production for the Ford Ranger. The plant covers 30 acres of Detroit’s I-94 Industrial Park, not far from the Coleman A. Young International Airport in […]
Advanced Manufacturing Employment in Michigan Reaches New Heights
Advanced manufacturing employment in Michigan has reached more than 700,000 workers, according to a new report from Detroit-based Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT). The employment level is the highest in the industry since 2006. The quarterly reports, highlighting employment trends, top jobs, and required skills in advanced manufacturing, are completed with research and analysis from […]
The Promise of Small-Scale Manufacturing in Detroit Highlighted in New Research
New research from the Urban Manufacturing Alliance (UMA) features the growth potential of the manufacturing sector in Detroit. The research, from State of Urban Manufacturing: Detroit Snapshot, comes from the second of a six-city series produced by UMA. The program provides unique data on city-based manufacturing, emphasizing makers and small-scale manufacturers. In partnership with the Detroit Creative […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.