GM says more investment, jobs, coming to Toledo Transmission plant
General Motors’ plans to sell its shuttered factory in Lordstown, Ohio, to a company that builds electric trucks also include investing big bucks in several other Ohio cities, including Toledo. President Trump announced the deal with a company named Workhorse on Twitter on Wednesday morning. He also wrote that GM plans to spend $700 million at three locations […]
German auto supplier to open plant employing 400 in Plymouth Twp.
A German auto supplier is expanding its operations in Michigan with a new manufacturing facility in Plymouth Township. The Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s governing body approved Tuesday a $2.7 million performance-based grant to Webasto Roof Systems Inc., a subsidiary of the Webasto Group, a sunroof, convertible top and heating systems manufacturer. The company plans to invest nearly $48 million […]
Detroit wins over Waymo for self-driving car plant
Google’s self-driving affiliate Waymo LLC will repurpose a former American Axle plant in the city to install fully autonomous vehicle hardware and software into cars, the Alphabet Inc. subsidiary said Tuesday. The move is another signal that next-generation auto manufacturing is continuing to grow in Michigan — and that Detroit possesses the knowledge and the capabilities valued in an auto industry likely to […]
Fiat Chrysler to invest $4.5B in 5 Michigan plants, create 6,500 jobs
City officials have just 60 days to acquire 200 acres of land and secure City Council approval to pave the way for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV to open Detroit’s first new assembly plant in nearly three decades. The automaker confirmed plans Tuesday to revive a previously idled engine plant on the city’s east side as part of a $4.5 […]
GM’s Romulus plant to get $20 million upgrade
General Motors Co.’s engine plant in Romulus is the latest to get a multi-million-dollar cash injection. The automaker said Tuesday it would spend $20 million at its GM Propulsion plant on Ecorse Road to buy new machines to increase production of 10-speed transmissions. It comes a day after GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra stopped at the company’s […]
FCA division will invest $12.6M, create 106 jobs in Oakland County
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ Magneti Marelli components business plans to invest $12.6 million and create 106 new jobs in Oakland County. As a result of the planned investment, the Michigan Strategic Fund board approved an almost $1.6-million Michigan Business Development Program grant this week for the company. “The company is hiring new employees, constructing new labs […]
Final winter auto show ends an era but also forges a path to the future
This year’s North American International Auto Show is the end of an era, but it also reflects a transition that’s already starting to happen. Among the changes? More movement on the show floor. An industry in flux from technological advancements — from engineering vehicles to how those vehicles are marketed and sold — caused the […]
Auto supplier to invest $57.8 million, build on vacant acres in Rochester Hills
German auto supplier Kostal Kontakt Systeme Inc. plans to build a new facility in Rochester Hills, investing $57.8 million into the community and creating 32 jobs. Dr. Markus Bergholz, CEO of the KKS division, said the new state-of-the-art facility — which will be built on 18 acres of vacant land near Adams Road, with M-59 […]
California-based company to invest $71.1 million, create 500 jobs in R&D center in Washtenaw County
High-tech semiconductor equipment manufacturer KLA-Tencor Corp. is planning to invest up to $71.1 million and create 500 jobs in Washtenaw County. The new research-and-development center would be the first Michigan location for the Milpitas, Calif.-based company, which supplies process control and yield management systems for the semiconductor industry and employs 6,000 people worldwide, according to […]
Subaru to build tech center in suburban Detroit, hire 100 workers
Subaru will receive $1.5 million from the state of Michigan to build a 60,000-square-foot tech center in Van Buren Township in western Wayne County. The tech center will employ up to 101 people, according to state documents. Subaru said it would invest up to $48.2 million in the site. Documents say the tech center will help […]
Auburn Hills’ Faurecia to Open Production Facility in Toledo
Faurecia Interiors, which has its North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, Thursday announced plans to open a new production facility in Toledo. The facility is expected create more than 100 new jobs and officially begin production activity in April 2019. “Faurecia is proud to open this new site and to provide new opportunities for local jobseekers,” […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.