Walbridge fills up one Lyon Township warehouse building, starts another
With a German auto supplier up and running in Detroit-based Walbridge Group’s new warehouse building in Lyon Township, the construction giant has started putting up another on spec. Webasto Roof Systems Inc. has leased the 280,000-square-foot Lyon Distribution Center I building off I-96 at Grand River Avenue and South Hill Road and John Rakolta III, president of […]
A zoning fight over warehouse space rankles Huron Township
A year ago, Huron Township put the brakes on construction of any new warehouse or distribution space after approving two large new buildings on an old horse-racing track. But now the developer constructing those buildings totaling 1.27 million square feet for Amazon.com Inc. on the former Pinnacle Race Course site wants to build another one […]
Logistics company plans $17 million investment, up to 250 jobs in Brownstown Township
Dearborn-based Hollingsworth Logistics Group plans to invest $17 million into a 500,000-square-foot warehouse in Brownstown Township. The third-party logistics company aims to create between 105 and 250 new jobs paying an average wage of $22.50 per hour, plus benefits, according to the Michigan Economic Development Corp. Positions include packers, team leaders, supervisors and managers. The […]
Forgotten Harvest to shift to new operating model with larger $12 million headquarters
Forgotten Harvest has begun construction of a new site that will shift its operating model to provide a more nutritional mix of food for the region’s hungry. The nonprofit food rescue, which picks up food from restaurants, convention halls and grocery stores that would otherwise go to waste and delivers it to food pantries and food […]
Key development projects slated to impact Downriver in the years ahead
The Detroit Regional Partnership, an economic development nonprofit, held the Downriver Economic Development Summit on Monday, where a number of new projects impacting the region were discussed. Gordie Howe International Bridge The Gordie Howe International Bridge soon will give travelers a new route between the United States and Canada. An agreement for the new bridge […]
Lyon Township Planning Commission gives nod to Amazon facility
Amazon Inc. wants to put a nearly 87,000-square-foot distribution facility in Lyon Township. During its meeting Monday, Lyon Township’s Planning Commission recommended approval of the plans for the facility that would occupy a vacant building along Grand River Avenue on Automation Boulevard. The online retailer wants to use the land for a distribution center and temporary parking area […]
Muskegon County busy with redevelopment projects
With a $19 million convention center underway, several projects on the waterfront, a micro hotel and some mixed-use buildings, downtown Muskegon has become an epicenter of development activity along the lakeshore. “We are in a historic transformation,” said Dave Alexander, the business development manager for the city of Muskegon. While downtown Muskegon remains arguably the […]
The Future of Industrial Real Estate
Prologis Inc., the largest warehouse provider in the U.S., wrapped up construction of a three-story distribution center in Seattle in October of last year. The 590,000-square-foot project, called Georgetown Crossroads, is the nation’s first logistics property to have multiple floors that are serviceable by large delivery trucks. Amazon has reportedly agreed to take up about […]
New distribution center creating up to 766 jobs
An out-of-state developer is breaking ground on a distribution center in the region for a major shipping company. The Kalamazoo County Board of Commissioners recently approved a brownfield plan for the construction of a FedEx distribution center in Portage, at 6701 Portage Rd. Indianapolis-based Scannell Properties will redevelop the property with the construction of a […]
Amazon eyes Silverdome site for distribution center; 1,500 jobs expected, officials say
Tech giant Amazon sent shock waves throughout Pontiac when news broke of the expected development of the Silverdome site into a distribution center as part of a $250 million project that would bring 1,500 jobs. The first steps in the plans to develop the 127-acre site were discussed during a Pontiac Planning Commission meeting on Wednesday night. The commission […]
Buyer in the wings for Monclova Township site resembles Temperance firm
The city of Toledo is close to a deal to sell 50 acres in Monclova Township to a mystery company from Michigan that would use the land for a corporate headquarters, manufacturing facility, and distribution warehouse. The company would be relocating 150 employees and could add another 50 within two years of completing the facility […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.