Former Art Van headquarters snags another furniture tenant
Another furniture company is taking space at the old Art Van Furniture Inc. headquarters. Florida-based Ashley Furniture Industries LLC is leasing 186,000 square feet in the 1 million-square-foot-plus property on East 14 Mile Road in Warren, according to its new owner, Brasswater. Simon Yeramian, vice president of investments for the Montreal-based company, said in an […]
Gardner White taking over part of old Art Van campus in Warren
Gardner White will take over a portion of the massive former Art Van Inc. headquarters in Warren as it needs more space for distribution and corporate staff. The Auburn Hills-based furniture store said Monday afternoon that it would occupy part of the property’s warehouse as well as the store and corporate office. In a Monday […]
New MiEN Co. HQ planned at former Baker Furniture building along GR riverfront
Education-focused furniture manufacturer MiEN Co. plans to consolidate its Walker-based operations into a new headquarters at the former Baker Furniture property along the Grand River in Grand Rapids. The parcel at 1661 Monroe Ave. NW was purchased on Aug. 16 for $6.3 million by Remco Realty LLC, which is registered to MiEN Co. President and CEO Remco Bergsma, […]
Grand Rapids ranks No. 3 among large cities for ‘thriving’ manufacturing
Grand Rapids was ranked third among large cities where manufacturing is “thriving,” according to a new study. AdvisorSmith, a financial services advisory startup based in New York, ranked Grand Rapids at No. 3 over other large cities such as Hartford, Connecticut; Greenville, South Carolina; Detroit; and San Francisco. According to the report, manufacturing output per […]
Art Van buildings in Livonia, Shelby Township, Howell listed for sale
STORE Capital Corp. is selling five of its Art Van Furniture LLC-leased buildings, including three in Southeast Michigan, to fund more development for the Warren-based furniture and mattress seller. The Scottsdale, Ariz.-based publicly-traded real estate investment trust (NYSE: STOR) is seeking $56.55 million, or about $173.80 per square foot, for the properties, which sit on […]
Furniture supplier planning new facility
A manufacturer of adjustable-height table bases is considering building a new production facility in the area. J-Star Motion Corporation is looking to build a 275,000-square-foot facility that would create 50 jobs, according to federal grant application documents. The facility would be constructed on a portion of 55 acres of undeveloped land at 725 and 730 […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 10.7 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.