Low attendance prompting church closures, sale of buildings
Posted By: The Toledo Blade on August 28, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Rob Keleghan of Signature Associates’ Toledo brokerage team is handling the sale and marketing of the properties. Two former United Methodist church buildings in the greater Toledo area are currently on the market, and a third in […]
West Michigan Construction institute opens
A new $3.5 million construction trade school recently opened in Grand Rapids. The West Michigan Construction Institute (WMCI), at 801 Century Ave. SW in Grand Rapids, opened its doors to high school students earlier this month. The 14,000-square-foot building includes seven classrooms, three construction labs and office space. The Associated Builders and Contractors Western Michigan […]
New MiEN Co. HQ planned at former Baker Furniture building along GR riverfront
Education-focused furniture manufacturer MiEN Co. plans to consolidate its Walker-based operations into a new headquarters at the former Baker Furniture property along the Grand River in Grand Rapids. The parcel at 1661 Monroe Ave. NW was purchased on Aug. 16 for $6.3 million by Remco Realty LLC, which is registered to MiEN Co. President and CEO Remco Bergsma, […]
West Michigan Construction Institute facility slated to open in 2022, aid in construction labor shortage
A hub for talent recruitment, skills development and job placement is expected to open early next year in Grand Rapids in hopes of filling the workforce pipeline for West Michigan construction jobs. The West Michigan Construction Institute (WMCI) will be located at 801 Century Ave. SW, west of US-131 in Grand Rapids at Owen-Ames-Kimball Co.’s former equipment yard. […]
Baker College construction in Royal Oak to bring students next year
Construction got underway this month for a new Baker College campus in Royal Oak that officials say will be ready for students in the Fall 2022. “The pandemic hasn’t had a deep impact on plans for the Royal Oak campus,” said Baker College COO Jacqui Spicer. “We are hopeful by the time we open our […]
Conservancy builds a place for community, learning on site of former Marygrove College
A beloved Detroit college campus that was once bustling with students is now the home of a business advancement program and youth education. Marygrove Conservancy, a nonprofit, stepped in after Marygrove College abruptly closed in December 2019 to keep the campus operating with multiple educational resources for people of all ages. The conservancy has a goal to help businesses, […]
4 Best Property Management Practices for Landlords During COVID-19
By: John Hamburger With global attention on the COVID-19 outbreak, each day brings more uncertainty for businesses and our communities. Our team at Signature is closely monitoring developments on the outbreak, and we are taking the appropriate steps — consistent with CDC and WHO recommendations — to help support the ongoing health and safety […]
Ann Arbor’s U-M Receives $10M to Open Real Estate Center
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor will launch a real estate center that will offer a suite of practice-oriented courses thanks to a $10 million gift from Ron Weiser, a regent and alumnus of U-M. Students at the Weiser Center for Real Estate will learn from […]
Baker College’s new campus building in Royal Oak could rise nearly 100 feet, cost $27.6 million
More specifics of a planned new campus building for Baker College in downtown Royal Oak that would alter the suburb’s skyline are revealed in a pair of documents obtained by Crain’s. A request for proposals for construction managers verifies many of the details reported last month about the private college’s efforts to construct a consolidated campus building […]
Madonna University breaks ground on $9 million welcome center in Livonia
Madonna University has broken ground on a $9 million welcome center for its Livonia campus. Once finished, the 28,000-square-foot center will serve as a hub for recruiting students and celebrating the history of the Catholic liberal arts university, according to a news release. University leadership expects the building to be complete by mid-2021. Detroit Archbishop […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.