Walker officials approve plans for 132K-square-foot distribution center north of I-96
Posted By: MiBiz on October 20, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. The Walker Planning Commission has approved plans for a 132,680-square-foot distribution center north of I-96 that’s part of a larger 76-acre site being repurposed for industrial uses. Traverse City-area developer Mike Kolarevic, of ECEK GRR3.0 LLC, is leading plans […]
New DeltaPlex owner seeks to repurpose venue into industrial warehousing space
Visser Brothers Inc. seeks to repurpose the DeltaPlex Arena & Conference Center into an industrial warehouse site, according to documents filed with the city of Walker. The Grand Rapids-based contractor, doing business as DEG Development Co. LLC, purchased the 6,000-person capacity venue in Walker on Dec. 23 for $5.5 million. The venue has operated for 25 years […]
8 West Michigan projects to watch
The construction industry experienced widespread pauses on projects in 2020 during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the backlog made for a packed year in 2021, which features a range of ongoing projects including housing developments and reuses of former industrial buildings. Talent shortages, high construction costs and long lead times for materials have […]
With tight industrial inventory, developers turn to outlying metro areas
Low industrial real estate vacancy rates and ongoing construction backlogs are pushing industrial projects to more rural and outlying areas. In the Grand Rapids area, an increasing number of industrial sites that have sat dormant for years in outlying parts of Walker and Hudsonville are now being bought or developed, said Stu Kingma, associate broker […]
New MiEN Co. HQ planned at former Baker Furniture building along GR riverfront
Education-focused furniture manufacturer MiEN Co. plans to consolidate its Walker-based operations into a new headquarters at the former Baker Furniture property along the Grand River in Grand Rapids. The parcel at 1661 Monroe Ave. NW was purchased on Aug. 16 for $6.3 million by Remco Realty LLC, which is registered to MiEN Co. President and CEO Remco Bergsma, […]
Former MLive printing facility in Walker sold to industrial contracting company for $9.75M
The former MLive Media Group and Grand Rapids Press printing facility in Walker that once printed 375,000 newspapers a week has been sold to a Pontiac-based industrial contracting company for $9.75 million. The nearly 236,000-square-foot facility at 3100 Walker Ridge Drive will serve as Lee Contracting Inc.’s first location outside of Pontiac. Company Founder Edward Lee worked to […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.