West Michigan Construction institute opens
A new $3.5 million construction trade school recently opened in Grand Rapids. The West Michigan Construction Institute (WMCI), at 801 Century Ave. SW in Grand Rapids, opened its doors to high school students earlier this month. The 14,000-square-foot building includes seven classrooms, three construction labs and office space. The Associated Builders and Contractors Western Michigan […]
Former MLive printing facility in Walker sold to industrial contracting company for $9.75M
The former MLive Media Group and Grand Rapids Press printing facility in Walker that once printed 375,000 newspapers a week has been sold to a Pontiac-based industrial contracting company for $9.75 million. The nearly 236,000-square-foot facility at 3100 Walker Ridge Drive will serve as Lee Contracting Inc.’s first location outside of Pontiac. Company Founder Edward Lee worked to […]
West Michigan Construction Institute facility slated to open in 2022, aid in construction labor shortage
A hub for talent recruitment, skills development and job placement is expected to open early next year in Grand Rapids in hopes of filling the workforce pipeline for West Michigan construction jobs. The West Michigan Construction Institute (WMCI) will be located at 801 Century Ave. SW, west of US-131 in Grand Rapids at Owen-Ames-Kimball Co.’s former equipment yard. […]
Superior Electric Great Lakes Co. Opens Renovated Troy Headquarters
Troy employee-owned electrical contractor Superior Electric Great Lakes Co. last week officially opened its newly renovated, 50,000-square-foot headquarters at 1740 E. Maple Rd. More than 150 guests and employees took part in a ribbon-cutting ceremony for what the company calls one of the most advanced engineering departments of any electrical contractor in the Midwest. “This […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.