After $1B invested in St. Clair County in 2019, officials aim to grow
Over $1 billion was invested in St. Clair County in 2019, and county officials are working to keep that momentum going. The Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County held a luncheon this week with stakeholders, economic partners, community leaders and keynote speaker Amanda McClanahan, Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s chief operating officer. The region’s economic success for 2019 was celebrated, […]
5 notable construction projects from West Michigan
Contractors are capping off another busy year for developments across West Michigan. From the largest mixed-use project in downtown Grand Rapids history, to new modern buildings in historic areas, these are five notable projects from around the region on the radar for MiBiz this year. Here’s a closer look at them. 10 Ionia Architect: Yamasaki Associates Inc., Troy […]
GM, LG Chem to build battery-cell plant in northeast Ohio
General Motors Co. and LG Chem will invest $2.3 billion in northeast Ohio to build a battery-cell manufacturing plant, the companies announced Thursday. The joint venture in the area of the former GM Lordstown Assembly plant will break ground in mid-2020. More than 1,100 new jobs will be created through the investment in the region that was rattled when […]
Oregon receives grant for infrastructure around industrial parks
The U.S. Department of Commerce said Wednesday that the city of Oregon has been awarded a $2.7 million Economic Development Administration grant to be used for infrastructure in and around the city’s industrial parks that should help attract new businesses. The grant, to be matched with $679,179 in local funds, is expected to help generate […]
Mixed-use development, $3.2 million streetscape planned for Hazel Park
As Hazel Park plots to build a downtown, a proposed mixed-use development and $3.2 million streetscape plan could help move the vision forward. A mixed-use apartment building with 33 units and 14,000 square feet of retail is planned for the site of a long vacant CVS store on John R. Road — the city’s main […]
Roseville to host developer showcase for Utica Road corridor
Roseville city officials on Wednesday will host a developer showcase to outline development opportunities along Utica Road, a move that could land a developer for a multi-million building project. Local developers, realtors, state and city officials have been invited to attend the showcase, along with a team of officials from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. […]
Michigan Ranks 9th in Nation for Economic Development Projects
Michigan ranks ninth among the top 10 states with the most economic development projects according to Site Selection magazine’s 2018 Governor’s Cup rankings, moving up two places from last year’s list. The magazine covers economic planning and expansion nationwide. “There is no doubt that Michigan is a home for economic opportunity, and these rankings are a testament […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.