Simon Property Group Seeks to Terminate Acquisition of Taubman Centers Inc. in Bloomfield Hills
Simon Property Group Inc., one of the nation’s largest retail center owners, today announced it exercised its contractual rights in an attempt to terminate its Feb. 9, 2020 planned merger agreement with Taubman Centers Inc. in Bloomfield Hills. Simon also filed an action today in the Circuit Court for the 6th Judicial Circuit of Oakland County […]
Why Would Amazon Scope Out JCPenney? It’s The Real Estate!
Great Article featuring Whitebox Real Estate/TCN Worldwide: Kerri Panchuk of Bisnow talks to Grant Pruitt from TCN’s Dallas office, Whitebox Real Estate/TCN Worldwide, about Amazon’s possible acquisition of JCPenny. Rumor has it struggling JCPenney Co. is a possible acquisition target for Jeff Bezos’ Amazon. JCPenney filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Friday and said it would close about 240 […]
Some metro Detroit malls to reopen this week — with changes
Three of the region’s most high-profile regional shopping centers are due to reopen later this week following a complete shutdown since the end of March. The owners of Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills, Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi and Somerset Collection in Troy say patrons can shop there once again beginning Thursday and […]
Mall at Partridge Creek owner in default on $725 million mortgage
The owner of The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township is in default on its mortgage. The November default on a balloon payment on a $725 million debt that is also secured by three other malls in Florida, Virgina and North Carolina makes it the latest metro Detroit shopping center to enter into choppy […]
Hall Road, other shopping centers face changing landscape amid COVID-19
What is perhaps Metro Detroit’s busiest shopping corridor is hurting. At 10.5 miles, the stretch of M-59/Hall Road that runs east to I-94 in Macomb County produces one of the most formidable retail hot spots in the region. So what happens when half of the 90,000 to 100,000 cars that traverse it daily stay in […]
Simon’s $3.6B Taubman Buy a Positive Sign for Class A Malls
Simon Property Group Inc.’s pending acquisition of an 80 percent interest in Taubman Centers Inc.’s The Taubman Realty Group LP will give Simon majority ownership of some of the highest quality malls in the U.S. And the $3.6 billion price tag on the 25 million-square-foot portfolio serves as a vote of confidence in the future of premier […]
Mall adding four stores
Coming off of a storm of activity in 2019, Woodland Mall announced its latest lineup of new and first-to-market retailers for 2020. Champs Sports, a major North American specialty sports retailer, will be the first of four stores to open at the mall, followed by Aéropostale, Sephora and White House Black Market. These new retailers […]
The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township Adds Four Retailers
The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township is adding American Eagle/Aerie, Burger Fin, Detroit Axe, and lululemon to its outdoor shopping center. American Eagle/Aerie, a lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer and its lingerie sub-brand, is set to debut in the fourth quarter. The combined store will encompass about 10,800 square feet. Burger Fin, a […]
Woodland Mall shows off $100M renovation, new Von Maur department store
Shoppers at Woodland Mall have plenty new to see these days. Two years after workers demolished the former Sears store that once anchored the mall, Woodland officials on Thursday showed off a $100 million renovation project that replaces the space once occupied by the iconic retailer. The new wing is anchored by a Von Maur department store, […]
Southgate aims to reinvent commercial district
In a broad effort to entice new businesses and promote economic vibrancy, Southgate city officials are working to carve out a new identity for the downriver community’s commercial district. Southgate’s downtown district, largely defined as Eureka Road between Allen Road and Fort Street and parts of Trenton and Dix Toledo roads, is slowly taking shape […]
Lakeside Mall’s future is pondered, but Macomb’s M-59 corridor is still retail gold
Some have had plenty of fun at the expense of Macomb County’s newest art installation in the Hall Road/M-59 median, an orange, 35-foot-tall ring recently dubbed The Halo. But the 10.5-mile road’s retail scene is no laughing matter. In fact, it’s one of the most active in the region, catering to hundreds of thousands of […]
The state of the metro Detroit shopping mall
High-end malls like some in Oakland County are expected to continue to perform well far into the future in spite of a changing mall landscape in the state’s wealthiest county, and across the state and country. In fact, contrary to the popular notion that brick and mortar retail is dying a slow death at the […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.