Shifting retail on Grand Rapids’ east side reflects broader market trends
Posted By: MiBiz on August 28, 2022. For more information, please click here to read the source article. Retail corridors on Grand Rapids’ east side are in flux as new businesses move in and longtime staples relocate or shut down. The corridors in East Hills and Eastown embody West Michigan’s hot commercial real estate and retail market, […]
New businesses restore tired, commercial strip near University of Toledo
After falling into vacancy and abandonment, a small commercial plaza on Bancroft Street near the University of Toledo is being revived thanks to three businesses breathing new life into it. Jo Jo’s Pizza, Sunrise Skillet, and Arnie’s Toledo are committed to making a go of it in the plaza located in the 2600 block of […]
As Michigan office vacancies increase, what happens to the unused space?
A few years ago, Butzel decided it had more office space than it needed in Oakland County and Detroit and wanted to downsize. Having gone digital, the law firm didn’t need a library or a place to store files. Then the COVID-19 pandemic hit the state in March 2020, forcing many businesses to shift staff to remote […]
Report indicates Q1 industrial, office vacancy trends differ
JLL released its 2022 first-quarter West Michigan industrial and office reports, and the differences are striking. The industrial report revealed that 921,392 square feet of industrial space in West Michigan was absorbed, decreasing the vacancy rate in the region to 3.2%. The average asking rent price increased to $4.06 per square-foot, up 1.8% from the […]
Southfield Town Center to sell next month
The Southfield Town Center is expected to be sold by the end of next month in what would be among the most significant office transactions in the last decade, Crain’s has learned. An estoppel certificate sent to tenants in the region’s second-largest office complex says that a sale to a Delaware entity called 270B STC […]
Toledo real estate: Apartments and industrial buildings are hot, but offices are struggling
Toledo’s apartment and industrial real estate markets were red hot last year but not its retail and office space sectors, which recorded higher vacancy rates and fewer transactions. That’s according to new annual reports from the Reichle Klein Group, a Toledo real estate company that frequently analyzes the area market. In general, the reports suggest the Toledo […]
Former Secure-24 may vacate large new Southfield headquarters, Auburn Hills outpost
One of the Southfield Town Center’s towers is at risk of losing its largest tenant in what may be a case of bad timing. NTT Communications Corp., the Tokyo-based parent company of the cloud services provider formerly known as Secure-24, has put its roughly 100,000-square-foot headquarters in the 4000 Town Center high-rise off the Lodge Freeway […]
Well-known office properties in metro Detroit up for grabs
Blink and you miss it. In the past week, nearly 800,000 square feet of office space across four well-known properties in Troy and Pontiac became available if you have the scratch. Toss in the Fisher Building and the former UAW-GM Center for Human Resources in Detroit for good measure, and you have six buildings over […]
Land of Opportunity
With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic last March, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-21 directing all “Michigan businesses and operations to temporarily suspend in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.” The downside of the order reverberated throughout the state’s economy, resulting in bankruptcies, a sharp runup in unemployment filings, […]
Pandemic could bring permanent changes to delivery, office work
There’s little doubt that living under a year of a global pandemic has caused many of us to adopt new routines and trends. Purchases from Amazon, groceries by delivery, dining outdoors, meetings by Zoom. But how many of those changes will remain after the coronavirus is finally under control? “This year has forced us to […]
New $23 million Tenneco building vacant, up for sublease after company abandons move
Powertrain part maker Tenneco Inc. is abandoning its plans to move to Northville Township. Its new $23 million building at 15701 Technology Drive near Five Mile and Beck roads sits vacant and is now up for sublease, according to a marketing brochure from the Southfield office of brokerage house Cushman & Wakefield. Steve Blow, executive […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 10.7 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.