The state of the metro Detroit shopping mall
High-end malls like some in Oakland County are expected to continue to perform well far into the future in spite of a changing mall landscape in the state’s wealthiest county, and across the state and country. In fact, contrary to the popular notion that brick and mortar retail is dying a slow death at the […]
New Olga’s Kitchen owner opening new locations, renovating older
More than two years out of bankruptcy, Olga’s Kitchen has opened new locations, renovated older ones and exited some shopping malls as its new owner continues on a revitalization path for the storied metro Detroit restaurant chain. “It was a brand that just deserves a whole lot more,” said Mark Schostak, executive chairman of Livonia-based Team Schostak Family Restaurants, which bought Olga’s out of bankruptcy in […]
Toys ‘R’ Us-owned stores could be fertile ground for redevelopment
Wayne, N.J.-based Toys “R” Us Inc. announced Thursday that it would be closing all of its iconic toy stores, plus its Babies “R” Us stores, across the United States, leaving American landlords in the lurch. The company, which has more than $5 billion in debt, locally owns half of its 14 stores in Wayne, Oakland […]
New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co. to Open Five Restaurants in Metro Detroit
New York City-based The Hummus and Pita Co., a Mediterranean restaurant, has announced it will be expanding to Michigan. The company says it has signed a five-unit franchise deal to open locations in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Troy, Warren, and Canton Township. The menu offers a variety of choices including Moroccan beans, Israeli couscous, pita and […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.