Some metro Detroit malls to reopen this week — with changes
Three of the region’s most high-profile regional shopping centers are due to reopen later this week following a complete shutdown since the end of March. The owners of Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills, Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi and Somerset Collection in Troy say patrons can shop there once again beginning Thursday and […]
Mall at Partridge Creek owner in default on $725 million mortgage
The owner of The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township is in default on its mortgage. The November default on a balloon payment on a $725 million debt that is also secured by three other malls in Florida, Virgina and North Carolina makes it the latest metro Detroit shopping center to enter into choppy […]
Simon’s $3.6B Taubman Buy a Positive Sign for Class A Malls
Simon Property Group Inc.’s pending acquisition of an 80 percent interest in Taubman Centers Inc.’s The Taubman Realty Group LP will give Simon majority ownership of some of the highest quality malls in the U.S. And the $3.6 billion price tag on the 25 million-square-foot portfolio serves as a vote of confidence in the future of premier […]
Mall adding four stores
Coming off of a storm of activity in 2019, Woodland Mall announced its latest lineup of new and first-to-market retailers for 2020. Champs Sports, a major North American specialty sports retailer, will be the first of four stores to open at the mall, followed by Aéropostale, Sephora and White House Black Market. These new retailers […]
Woodland Mall shows off $100M renovation, new Von Maur department store
Shoppers at Woodland Mall have plenty new to see these days. Two years after workers demolished the former Sears store that once anchored the mall, Woodland officials on Thursday showed off a $100 million renovation project that replaces the space once occupied by the iconic retailer. The new wing is anchored by a Von Maur department store, […]
The state of the metro Detroit shopping mall
High-end malls like some in Oakland County are expected to continue to perform well far into the future in spite of a changing mall landscape in the state’s wealthiest county, and across the state and country. In fact, contrary to the popular notion that brick and mortar retail is dying a slow death at the […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.