After $1B invested in St. Clair County in 2019, officials aim to grow
Over $1 billion was invested in St. Clair County in 2019, and county officials are working to keep that momentum going. The Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County held a luncheon this week with stakeholders, economic partners, community leaders and keynote speaker Amanda McClanahan, Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s chief operating officer. The region’s economic success for 2019 was celebrated, […]
Simon’s $3.6B Taubman Buy a Positive Sign for Class A Malls
Simon Property Group Inc.’s pending acquisition of an 80 percent interest in Taubman Centers Inc.’s The Taubman Realty Group LP will give Simon majority ownership of some of the highest quality malls in the U.S. And the $3.6 billion price tag on the 25 million-square-foot portfolio serves as a vote of confidence in the future of premier […]
GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly to Become First Plant Dedicated to Electric Vehicles Through $2.2B Investment
General Motors Co. in Detroit today announced a $2.2 billion investment in its Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant to produce all-electric trucks and SUVs. The plant will be the company’s first fully dedicated electric vehicle assembly plant. Renovations are expected to begin at the end of February. GM’s first all-electric truck will be a pickup with production […]
New report aims to map investment in Washtenaw County, increase investment in undercapitalized areas
A group of community partners is launching a new initiative to map investment activity across Washtenaw County with the goal of building a more inclusive economy for all residents. The 2020 Washtenaw County Capital Report is being spearheaded by Ypsilanti-based investment advisory firm Revalue and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF). They have also […]
Opportunity Zone investments start to gain foothold
Opportunity Zone investments are getting a foothold in Detroit. In the city, the neighborhoods the most replete with investment — downtown, Midtown, New Center, Corktown, Eastern Market, the Detroit riverfront and others — are squarely in Opportunity Zones, the official name of areas that has become sort of a catch-all term to refer to a […]
Auto supplier Faurecia planning to create 500 jobs in Highland Park
Officials say auto parts maker Faurecia is planning to invest $10.7 million and create 500 jobs in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park. The planned investment was announced Tuesday as the Michigan Economic Development Corp. said the company is expected to get a $2 million Michigan Business Development Program performance-based grant. Plans call for workers […]
Flint’s seismic small business growth follows a tidal wave of investments
The City of Flint and its potential for development was on the discussion table in Detroit Sunday as talk show host Mark S. Lee and editors of TheHUBmet with Metro Community Development CEO Brian Glowiak to discuss the more than $250 million in new investments and related small-business growth in the city. Glowiak was a […]
St. Louis firm buys Ann Arbor office building in market ‘on fire’
A St. Louis-based real estate investment firm acquired a large office property northeast of downtown Ann Arbor. Integris Ventures bought the 198,624-square-foot Earhart Corporate Center from a public real estate investment trust in mid-May, according to a news release. The purchase price and identity of the REIT were not disclosed. The 2006-built building is on […]
Did you know?
- In 2019, Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions totaling 27.7 million square feet and 2,435 acres with a total value of $994 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,032 transactions in 2019.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as a Best & Brightest Companies to Work for 3 consecutive years, Cool Places to Work for 4 consecutive years, and Top Workplaces for 6 consecutive years.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.