State incentivizes redevelopment of former Northville/Plymouth prison
Michigan’s economic engine on Tuesday approved incentives for redevelopment of the former prison site in Northville and Plymouth townships. The $38.7 million project calls for a nearly 66,000-square-foot commercial flex space development from an affiliate of Novi-based real-estate firm Hillside Investments, a large stormwater retention pond and 9,000-square-feet of infrastructure improvements that include sidewalks, curbs, asphalt paving […]
FARMINGTON EARNS STATE ‘REDEVELOPMENT READY’ HONORS
The City of Farmington has earned a state certification that brands the community as “Redevelopment Ready.” Elizabeth King, Senior Redevelopment Ready Communities Planner at the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), presented the award during Monday’s electronic city council meeting. “Normally, we would have a really fun event, and we would all be together,” she said, […]
MEDC supports developments in Grand Rapids, Middleville and Kalamazoo
A trio of West Michigan projects recently received community development funding from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. The Michigan Strategic Fund of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) last week approved community revitalization projects in Grand Rapids, Middleville and Kalamazoo to “position the state for future prosperity,” the MEDC said. The MEDC said the projects […]
MEDC supports mixed-used development in Holland
The city of Holland received support from the state for a new five-story, mixed-use development project in its downtown. The Michigan Strategic Fund (MSF) of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) on Tuesday approved support for a community revitalization project in Holland that it said will help create a vibrant place that attracts and keeps […]
St. Clair County saw over $95M invested, over 500 jobs created in 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Clair County continued to see economic growth in 2020 with more than $95 million invested and over 500 jobs created. The Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County holds a luncheon every February to discuss the year’s financial successes. Although the meeting was held virtually via Zoom Thursday and lunch wasn’t […]
Investment totaling $7.1 million to bring 266 new jobs to Ann Arbor area
Two major projects will bring well-paying jobs and new investments to the Ann Arbor area, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation announced on Tuesday. Building on Gov. Whitmer’s Back to Work Michigan plan, the projects are expected to create 266 jobs and generate a total private investment of $7.1 million. Navitas Systems, an energy storage provider, […]
MEDC brings West Michigan projects closer to ‘shovel ready’
A pair of industrial sites in West Michigan — including the future Kent County Department of Public Works sustainable business park — have been awarded a total of $150,000 in site readiness grants from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) said Wednesday that it issued $728,500 in site readiness grants […]
Gerber announces $36M expansion, plans 50 new jobs in Michigan
Gerber plans to spend up to $36 million to expand production of freeze-dried snacks at its Fremont plant, a move that’s expected to create 50 jobs over two years. The baby food manufacturer says it will add freeze dryers and other machinery used to make the freeze-dried snacks, known as melts, which Gerber says is […]
Lincoln’s Former Headquarters in Detroit Being Redeveloped, MEDC Approves Multiple Deals
The former Lincoln Motor Co. headquarters in the Northwest Goldberg neighborhood of Detroit will be made into a mixed-use, mixed-income development. This project and more were approved by the Michigan Strategic Fund on Tuesday, according to the Michigan Economic Development Corp. “Today’s MSF approvals demonstrate the significant role we play in restoring Michigan’s economic recovery, […]
City of Rochester Hills Recognized as Redevelopment Ready Community
For their efforts in establishing a solid foundation to attract private investment and further build on municipality assets, the city of Rochester Hills has been awarded the Redevelopment Ready Communities (RRC) certification, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) announced today. Rochester Hills joins 44 other Michigan communities in all corners of the state which have qualified as […]
After $1B invested in St. Clair County in 2019, officials aim to grow
Over $1 billion was invested in St. Clair County in 2019, and county officials are working to keep that momentum going. The Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County held a luncheon this week with stakeholders, economic partners, community leaders and keynote speaker Amanda McClanahan, Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s chief operating officer. The region’s economic success for 2019 was celebrated, […]
Former Flint Delphi site being readied for redevelopment
A $36,000 state grant is being used to promote new development at Flint’s former Delphi Flint East property, a part of nearly a half-million in grants supporting the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce programs focused on economic and community growth. The site readiness program grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation will help get […]
Ann Arbor SPARK Helps Secure $170,000 in Site Readiness Grants for Washtenaw and Livingston Counties
As announced by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), both Washtenaw and Livingston counties will receive grants through the new competitive Michigan Build Ready Sites program. The targeted grant program aims to boost Michigan’s inventory of available properties ready to compete for business attraction projects. Both grants were shepherded by Ann Arbor SPARK. “These awards bring critical […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.