Developers find creative new uses for tired, underutilized metro Detroit sites
A mall parking lot transformed into hundreds of apartments and offices. A former newspaper building converted to a luxury car dealership. An indoor soccer arena housing mortgage employees. The development business is fickle and subject to a raft of external factors: materials costs on any given day, market demand, availability of labor, zoning, community reaction, […]
Investment totaling $7.1 million to bring 266 new jobs to Ann Arbor area
Two major projects will bring well-paying jobs and new investments to the Ann Arbor area, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation announced on Tuesday. Building on Gov. Whitmer’s Back to Work Michigan plan, the projects are expected to create 266 jobs and generate a total private investment of $7.1 million. Navitas Systems, an energy storage provider, […]
HopCat restaurants emerge from bankruptcy, sold to new owner
GRAND RAPIDS, MI — The chain of HopCat restaurants has been sold to new owners some five months after the former owner, BarFly Ventures, filed for bankruptcy. Two investment firms — Congruent Investment Partners and Main Street Capital — teamed up to buy BarFly Ventures for $17.5 million. They created a new operating company, Project […]
Wacker Chemical Corporation to build headquarters near Ann Arbor
A chemical company is building a new innovation center and regional headquarters in the Ann Arbor area. Wacker Chemical Corporation is investing in a nearly 14-acre site at 4950 S. State St. in Pittsfield Township. The North American Innovation Center and Regional Headquarters will house 300 employees, including those in its Adrian headquarters and 70 […]
‘New urban community’ proposed for 22-acre site near Ann Arbor
Birmingham-based developer is eyeing a 22-acre site in Pittsfield Township for a mixed-used project. Bob Gibbs of Gibbs Planning Group aims to create a pedestrian-friendly environment at 6464 S. State St., targeting young professionals, families and empty-nesters. Gibbs submitted a proposal for “Sutherland Square” to the Pittsfield Township planning department and expects to share more […]
Chemical company looking at Ann Arbor area to build headquarters
A chemical company looking to open its North American headquarters and research and development facility is eyeing several areas around Ann Arbor after previous attempts to begin construction failed in Pittsfield Township. Wacker Chemical Corporation has received letters in support of a potential development from leaders in Ann Arbor, Pittsfield Township and Scio Township for […]
Ann Arbor’s U-M Receives $10M to Open Real Estate Center
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor will launch a real estate center that will offer a suite of practice-oriented courses thanks to a $10 million gift from Ron Weiser, a regent and alumnus of U-M. Students at the Weiser Center for Real Estate will learn from […]
Google signs lease for old printing facility of The Ann Arbor News
Tech giant Google is quietly growing its footprint in Washtenaw County. The company signed a lease for a space at 5690 Hines Drive in Pittsfield Township, a Google spokesperson said in an email. It is unclear what the company plans to do with the space. The property formerly housed a printing facility for The Ann Arbor News […]
Banking on flex space: Ann Arbor developers plan large speculative project
Cameron McCausland and Joe Vig have formed a new real estate development company planning a 230,000-square-foot speculative project in Ann Arbor costing $60 million to $70 million. The two longtime real estate professionals — McCausland had been a broker with Plante Moran CRESA and Colliers International Inc. for nearly three decades and Vig has his […]
Ann Arbor SPARK Helps Secure $170,000 in Site Readiness Grants for Washtenaw and Livingston Counties
As announced by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), both Washtenaw and Livingston counties will receive grants through the new competitive Michigan Build Ready Sites program. The targeted grant program aims to boost Michigan’s inventory of available properties ready to compete for business attraction projects. Both grants were shepherded by Ann Arbor SPARK. “These awards bring critical […]
St. Louis firm buys Ann Arbor office building in market ‘on fire’
A St. Louis-based real estate investment firm acquired a large office property northeast of downtown Ann Arbor. Integris Ventures bought the 198,624-square-foot Earhart Corporate Center from a public real estate investment trust in mid-May, according to a news release. The purchase price and identity of the REIT were not disclosed. The 2006-built building is on […]
Could south Ann Arbor’s office district become a second downtown?
It’s easy to see while walking – or driving – around downtown Ann Arbor that vacant space is scarce. According to the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority’s (DDA) 2018 State of the Downtown report, downtown office vacancy is at 3.6%, nearly three times less than the city’s average 9% vacancy rate. With downtown nearly at […]
$40M mixed-use development in Ann Arbor to break ground in 2019
A $40-million redevelopment of a vacant site near the University of Michigan medical campus and downtown Ann Arbor is expected to break ground in 2019. It’s been more than a year since the City Council voted unanimously in December 2017 to approve a site plan for the nine-story project known as The Glen, a hotel with ground-floor […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.