Royal Oak’s Main Art Theatre has gone dark; Birmingham 8 looks to ‘pick up the slack’
It appears the final credits have rolled at the Main Art Theatre, a Metro Detroit moviegoing staple for decades and a home for independent and arthouse fare that opened film fans’ eyes to a world beyond Hollywood blockbusters. “Landlord kicked us out,” reads the theater’s iconic marquee, along Main Street just north of 11 Mile in downtown Royal […]
Baker College construction in Royal Oak to bring students next year
Construction got underway this month for a new Baker College campus in Royal Oak that officials say will be ready for students in the Fall 2022. “The pandemic hasn’t had a deep impact on plans for the Royal Oak campus,” said Baker College COO Jacqui Spicer. “We are hopeful by the time we open our […]
SIGNATURE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE REPRESENTATION OF 1,076 SQUARE FEET OF OFFICE/RETAIL SPACE IN ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—May 28, 2020— Signature Associates has been awarded the representation of 1,076 square feet of office space located at 25571 Woodward Avenue, Royal Oak, Michigan. This is a freestanding boutique building located on Woodward Avenue in close proximity to I-696. This site offers a unique opportunity with on-site parking and high traffic counts. […]
Baker College’s new campus building in Royal Oak could rise nearly 100 feet, cost $27.6 million
More specifics of a planned new campus building for Baker College in downtown Royal Oak that would alter the suburb’s skyline are revealed in a pair of documents obtained by Crain’s. A request for proposals for construction managers verifies many of the details reported last month about the private college’s efforts to construct a consolidated campus building […]
SIGNATURE LEASES 7,121 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL SPACE IN DETROIT, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—October 25, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the lease of 7,121 square feet of retail space located at 821 & 835 Holden Street, Detroit, Michigan. Angela Thomas, Erica Dunlap, and Nicole Voisard of Signature Associates represented both the landlord, Recraft, LLC, and the tenant, GOBRANDS, Inc. About Signature Associates Signature Associates (www.signatureassociates.com), […]
SIGNATURE LEASES 3,821 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL SPACE IN ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—September 17, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the lease of 3,821 square feet of retail space located at 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, Michigan. Angela Thomas, Erica Dunlap, and Nicole Voisard of Signature Associates represented the tenant, Midwest Veterinary Partners. About Signature Associates Signature Associates (www.signatureassociates.com), with offices in Southfield, Detroit, Lansing, Grand […]
Beaumont’s Woodward Corners tenant mix starts to take shape
The scent of burgers wafts through the under-construction Woodward Corners development by Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, and much of the forthcoming tenant mix is starting to take shape. The 122,500-square-foot commercial community is mostly uninhabited, aside from equipment, construction workers and Wahlburgers, which on Wednesday became the Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road retail center’s […]
Big Boy looks to bounce back under new ownership
As Big Boy’s new owners aim for a comeback, the change comes in small moves — taking MSG out of seasoned salt, for example — and large ones, like paying off $34 million in debt. The Warren-based restaurant chain’s CEO led a group of local investors that bought Big Boy Restaurants International LLC last fall. […]
Royal Oak’s Tennis & Golf Company sold out of Chapter 11
The Tennis & Golf Company on Woodward Avenue has been purchased by two local businessmen who seek to refresh the Royal Oak fixture and add online capabilities. Founded in 1977, the specialty shop selling tennis, golf, running, and fitness equipment and clothing filed a voluntary petition for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on March 7 in the […]
SIGNATURE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE REPRESENTATION OF 4,737 SQUARE FEET OF OFFICE SPACE IN CLAWSON, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—April 19, 2019— Signature Associates has been awarded the representation of 4,737 square feet of office space located at 340 S. Main Street, Clawson, Michigan. This building has been transformed from a warehouse to office space in a stunning renovation from floor to ceiling. An excellent property in the Clawson – Royal Oak area, […]
Panera to close downtown Birmingham location, open first spot in Royal Oak
Panera Bread Co. is planning to pack it up in downtown Birmingham and move to a new location in Royal Oak. The bakery-cafe will close its 100 N. Old Woodward Ave. shop “sometime in June or July” and move to the new Woodward Corners development at 13 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue headed by Beaumont […]
Beaumont to build outpatient surgery center across from Royal Oak hospital campus
Beaumont Health plans to build a 90,000-square-foot multispecialty ambulatory care surgery center across from its Royal Oak campus with an unnamed developer and offer investment shares to surgeons. The plans are a shift from its previous plan, which was to build a single-specialty orthopedic surgery center and musculoskeletal center with Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons PLLC, a […]
Royal Oak-based RPM Freight Systems to invest $4.9 million, create 500 jobs
Royal Oak-based RPM Freight Systems, LLC will use a $3.75 million state grant to expand the vehicle logistics company by expediting job creation. The grant, approved Tuesday by the Michigan Strategic Fund board, a unit of the Michigan Economic Development Corp., will help create 500 jobs over the next five years. The company’s long-term growth […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.