Plan for home furnishings retailer RH in downtown Birmingham moves forward
Two years after Birmingham voters nixed a proposal to build a new parking deck that would help bring RH (formerly Restoration Hardware) to downtown, another plan appears closer to reality. The city’s planning board voted Wednesday to recommend approval of the final site plan and special land use permit for the building that would house […]
Bella Piatti owner to open seafood concept Mare Mediterranean in Birmingham
Signature Associates is proud to be a part of this transaction. A new, modern seafood restaurant with Greek, Italian and Spanish influences is coming to downtown Birmingham later this year. Bella Piatti owner Nino Cutraro has teamed up with Jay Feldman of Feldman Automotive to open Mare Mediterranean where Cameron’s Steakhouse was at 115 Willits. Cutraro […]
RH submits new plans for site in Birmingham
RH, also known as Restoration Hardware, has submitted a preliminary site plan, special land use permit request and a community impact study for a new four-story mixed use building at the southwest corner of S. Old Woodward and Brown streets in Birmingham, which is on the city planning board’s Wednesday, March 24, agenda. The preliminary […]
Emagine to take over operations at Birmingham 8 theater
The Birmingham 8 movie theater has joined the Emagine family. Emagine Entertainment Inc. said Tuesday it has acquired the downtown Birmingham movie theater, effective immediately. The theater is not expected to undergo any changes to its interior or to its marquee, but it is getting a new name: Birmingham 8, Powered by Emagine. “We are pleased to […]
Sidecar Slider Bar’s new triple concept opens in Birmingham with pizza and cocktails
A trio of restaurants have opened up in downtown Birmingham where Mitchell’s Seafood once was. Sidecar Slider Bar, Shift and Slice Pizza Kitchen are three different concepts under one roof. In addition to variety, the new destination will offer something the area has little of: late-night dining. The kitchen is planning to stay open until […]
SIGNATURE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE REPRESENTATION OF 6,780 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL SPACE IN BIRMINGHAM, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—November 18, 2019— Signature Associates has been awarded the representation of 6,780 square feet of retail space located at 670 S. Old Woodward Avenue, Birmingham, Michigan. Angela Thomas and Erica Dunlap, the ÆRES Team of Signature Associates, are the listing brokers representing the owners, Azar and Hormoz Allzadeh. About ÆRES Team The ÆRES […]
SIGNATURE LEASES 3,931 SQUARE FEET OF INDUSTRIAL SPACE IN BIRMINGHAM, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—November 10, 2019— Signature Associates has negotiated the lease of 3,931 square feet of industrial space located at 2450 Cole Street, Birmingham, Michigan. Angela Thomas and Erica Dunlap, the ÆRES Team of Signature Associates, represented the tenant, Functional Fitness Group, LLC. About ÆRES Team The ÆRES Team was born in 2017 with the […]
SIGNATURE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE REPRESENTATION OF 5,344 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL SPACE IN BIRMINGHAM, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—July 30, 2019— Signature Associates has been awarded the representation of 5,344 square feet of retail space located at 100 S. Old Woodward Avenue, Birmingham, Michigan. This is the hottest corner in Downtown Birmingham. We are excited to attract the right tenant to the space and are focusing efforts on luxury brand retailers. […]
Varsity Shop demolition expected to begin soon
In 2016, Signature negotiated the contract on behalf of the client and closed on this project. Our innovative process combined consulting, marketing & transactional services to best manage and support our client’s needs. The Varsity Shop property at 277 Pierce St. in Birmingham may start coming down soon, the city says. It is owned […]
Birmingham’s massive Bates Street development project hinges on public approval
he Birmingham City Commission approved on Monday night a development agreement with Woodward Bates Partners for one of the largest projects ever proposed in the city, but with conditions. The project, which involves public and private components including demolition and reconstruction of a North Woodward parking structure, extension of Bates Street, a public plaza, and multiple […]
Panera to close downtown Birmingham location, open first spot in Royal Oak
Panera Bread Co. is planning to pack it up in downtown Birmingham and move to a new location in Royal Oak. The bakery-cafe will close its 100 N. Old Woodward Ave. shop “sometime in June or July” and move to the new Woodward Corners development at 13 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue headed by Beaumont […]
Retail magnet: Birmingham to use data to pull in national, regional stores
Birmingham — home to a 96 percent retail occupancy rate and 60 salons — has hired a new consultant to target specific regional and national retailers to help create the right downtown mix. And luring more restaurants isn’t a priority. The city’s Birmingham Shopping District employed Bloomfield Township-based CC Consulting starting March 7 to recruit […]
Did you know?
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share, completes thousands of transactions and over a billion dollars’ worth of business annually in local, national, and international transactions.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature Associates consistently maintains 42% of the market share.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is proud to be featured as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Cool Places to Work and Top Workplaces.
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.