Birmingham’s massive Bates Street development project hinges on public approval
he Birmingham City Commission approved on Monday night a development agreement with Woodward Bates Partners for one of the largest projects ever proposed in the city, but with conditions. The project, which involves public and private components including demolition and reconstruction of a North Woodward parking structure, extension of Bates Street, a public plaza, and multiple […]
Panera to close downtown Birmingham location, open first spot in Royal Oak
Panera Bread Co. is planning to pack it up in downtown Birmingham and move to a new location in Royal Oak. The bakery-cafe will close its 100 N. Old Woodward Ave. shop “sometime in June or July” and move to the new Woodward Corners development at 13 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue headed by Beaumont […]
Retail magnet: Birmingham to use data to pull in national, regional stores
Birmingham — home to a 96 percent retail occupancy rate and 60 salons — has hired a new consultant to target specific regional and national retailers to help create the right downtown mix. And luring more restaurants isn’t a priority. The city’s Birmingham Shopping District employed Bloomfield Township-based CC Consulting starting March 7 to recruit […]
SIGNATURE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE REPRESENTATION OF 7,812 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL SPACE IN BIRMINGHAM, MICHIGAN
SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN—November 30, 2018— Signature Associates has been awarded the representation of 7,812 square feet of retail space located at 117 Willits Street, Birmingham, Michigan. Mitchell’s Fish Market previously occupied the location. Angela Thomas and Erica Dunlap of Signature Associates are the listing brokers representing the owner, Seligman Group. About Signature Associates Signature Associates, […]
Moving (even) more upscale: High-end projects changing the face of Birmingham
Developers are changing downtown Birmingham, no more than five stories at a time (per zoning rules). More than a half-dozen projects totaling well north of $250 million are either under construction or in the serious planning phases, working their way through the various city approval processes. In all, they will bring a new luxury hotel, […]
New shops, breweries coming to Oakland County downtowns
Downtowns across southeast Oakland County are welcoming a fresh batch of entrepreneurs to tempt shoppers, diners and the curious with everything from Peruvian food to hair pomade. Here’s a look at some of the new or future storefronts: Ferndale Ferndale visitors will be transported to Peru at Culantro at 22939 Woodward Ave., a fast-casual restaurant at the […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.