BorgWarner says Delphi purchase will help it move faster to electric cars
Delphi Automotive, the former parts division of General Motors, spun off its powertrain operations more than two years ago. The remaining business was called Aptiv, with a mission to focus on self-driving and connected vehicle technology. It was seen as a sign of things to come. Now, a new chapter is being written for the powertrain […]
GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly to Become First Plant Dedicated to Electric Vehicles Through $2.2B Investment
General Motors Co. in Detroit today announced a $2.2 billion investment in its Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant to produce all-electric trucks and SUVs. The plant will be the company’s first fully dedicated electric vehicle assembly plant. Renovations are expected to begin at the end of February. GM’s first all-electric truck will be a pickup with production […]
GM bids to buy land for a new battery factory in Lordstown
General Motors wants to build a new battery factory in Lordstown, Ohio, right next door to its former car assembly plant that it shuttered and sold last year. The automaker said it has a purchase agreement to buy a 158-acre vacant site in Trumbull County, Ohio. It is land GM once owned, but surrendered during its 2009 bankruptcy. GM is also in discussions with Village […]
GM, LG Chem to build battery-cell plant in northeast Ohio
General Motors Co. and LG Chem will invest $2.3 billion in northeast Ohio to build a battery-cell manufacturing plant, the companies announced Thursday. The joint venture in the area of the former GM Lordstown Assembly plant will break ground in mid-2020. More than 1,100 new jobs will be created through the investment in the region that was rattled when […]
California’s Motiv Power Systems Secures $60M Investment to Establish Detroit Operations
California’s Motiv Power Systems, a supplier of all-electric medium-duty chassis for buses and trucks, has secured $60 million in equity funding to open a new engineering and manufacturing facility in Detroit. The Series B round of investment was led by investors GMAG Holdings Corp. and Winnebago Industries and will support the overall growth of the […]
Did you know?
- In 2018, Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions totaling 29.8 million square feet and 1,494 acres with a total value of $969 million.
- Signature Associates has 6 veterans or active duty military officers.
- Almost 60% of Signature’s professionals have been with the firm at least 10 years.
- Signature completed more than 1,129 transactions in 2018.
- Signature loves animals! Over 60 professionals have dogs and 20 professionals have cats and collectively we’ve raised thousands of dollars in the last year alone for area animal shelters.
- Signature is featured as: Best & Brightest Companies to Work For 2018 & 2017, Cool Places to Work 2018, 2017 & 2016, and Top Workplaces 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Signature Associates and its team donate time and money to over 40 organizations throughout Michigan, Ohio and the United States.
- Signature Advisory and Management Services team performed comprehensive construction management services for projects totaling over $60 million and managed more than 8 million square feet of commercial space for our third-party clients, making us the largest locally owned third-party property management firm in the market.
- Signature Associates has completed more industrial leases than any other brokerage firm.
- Signature Team Cares was formed in January 2017 to help further our efforts and long history of partnering with local organizations to improve lives and to benefit our communities.